The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Rocket mass heaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey survival Fringers!

Do any of you folks have/know about rocket mass heaters?
I am thinking of putting one in my shop, and I wanted to know if there were burn chamber limitations for barrel size vs complete volatiles burn.

If you guys have or use one, any tips you could offer me?

Plans for an actual shop are being made, and I want to break ground next year. Gonna do this work myself, just 400sq feet and single story.
Research mode is on! Been youtubing my buns off, but I need the burn chamber calculation how to's.
(01-02-2019, 03:04 AM)PickleSnout Wrote: [ -> ]Hey survival Fringers!

I am thinking of putting one in my shop, and I wanted to know if there were burn chamber limitations for barrel size vs complete volatiles burn.

Plans for an actual shop are being made, and I want to break ground next year. Gonna do this work myself, just 400sq feet and single story.
Research mode is on! Been youtubing my buns off, but I need the burn chamber calculation how to's.

Pm Luvapottamus. He broke down and bought the authoritative book. he can give you the calculations etc.
(01-02-2019, 03:18 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]

Pm Luvapottamus. He broke down and bought the authoritative book. he can give you the calculations etc.
Right on Frigg, thanks.
I have seen info on the riser being critical, but not the burn chamber. I will PM
Let us know what you come up with.
I’m really planning on going to the woods so I need some tent heating info but the longer I can stay at the house, the better.
(01-02-2019, 03:18 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]

This right hyar..^
Yeah3 Chuckle

I am not familiar with the heaters you are asking about, BUT I am familiar with a type similar to them as I have one in my shop and have used it for 19 years, and it works VERY well, to heat my shop which is 500 sq. ft. I use a two barrel stove 55 gallon stacked on each other, the kit at Home Depot is about $45.00 and does not include the barrels, it heats great and is conservative on fuel amount burned. IF your interested in this type, feel free to ask me any questions, I did line the bottom of mine with fire brick they lay in there just fine even though the barrel has the curvature sides.

Just make sure to ventilate any barrels you decide to use a cutting torch on so you don't have a fatal explosion
(01-02-2019, 03:42 AM)Capnron Wrote: [ -> ]Let us know what you come up with.
I’m really planning on going to the woods so I need some tent heating info but the longer I can stay at the house, the better.

FWIW, the method I was taught was to build a fire "reflector" of large wood and then build the campfire between it and the tent. The amount of reflected heat is pretty amazing.
Cool ....never heard of these...

Build Your Own Rocket Mass Heater

https://www.permaculture.co.uk/readers-s...ass-heater

Im going to integrate my still with this... Chuckle

[Image: DSCF3532-525x700.jpg]

what is this part made of....
Pages: 1 2 3