The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Record $135 billion a year for illegal immigration, average $8,075 each
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This article is from September of 2017. I wonder if the situation has improved since then. Scratchinghead

--------
by Paul Bedard
September 27, 2017

The swelling population of illegal immigrants and their kids is costing American taxpayers $135 billion a year, the highest ever, driven by free medical care, education and a huge law enforcement bill, according to the the most authoritative report on the issue yet.

And despite claims from pro-illegal immigration advocates that the aliens pay significant off-setting taxes back to federal, state and local treasuries, the Federation for American Immigration Reform report tallied just $19 billion, making the final hit to taxpayers about $116 billion.

State and local governments are getting ravaged by the costs, at over $88 billion. The federal government, by comparison, is getting off easy at $45 billion in costs for illegals.

President Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and conservatives in Congress are moving aggressively to deal with illegals, especially those with long criminal records. But their effort is being fought by courts and some 300 so-called "sanctuary communities" that refuse to work with federal law enforcement.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/recor...-000-in-ny
https://fairus.org/issue/publications-re...-taxpayers#
Thank you for this post @Godless Patriot.

I will be adding those numbers into my letter to the senate.
and so how much would a closed border cost and keep them out, and then have the current illegals pay TAXES, WOW imagine a different type of budget!!
@Godless Patriot
You might want to check your data. I read a week ago that illegal and, many now legal immigrants, were costing California tax payers $70,000/person/year. That's a long way from $8k.
Dam, the government really is so mismanaged, that more could help some many you know American citizen that make up this country
(12-28-2018, 05:18 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]@Godless Patriot
You might want to check your data. I read a week ago that illegal and, many now legal immigrants were costing California tax payers $70,000/person/year. That's a long way from $8k.

Interesting. I wonder why those numbers are so far apart. The figures quoted from the article are barely a year old.

Anyhoo, the actual dollar amount is probably somewhere in the middle. Bottom line...it's a steady, needless drain and the professional cowards in congress need to grow balls and do their constitutional duty.
(12-28-2018, 05:47 PM)Kurukulla Wrote: [ -> ][Image: nkDWfzV.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-28-2018, 05:39 PM)Godless Patriot Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2018, 05:18 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]@Godless Patriot
You might want to check your data. I read a week ago that illegal and, many now legal immigrants were costing California tax payers $70,000/person/year. That's a long way from $8k.

Interesting. I wonder why those numbers are so far apart. The figures quoted from the article are barely a year old.

Anyhoo, the actual dollar amount is probably somewhere in the middle. Bottom line...it's a steady, needless drain and the professional cowards in congress need to grow balls and do their constitutional duty.

One number may reflect money given to them while the other, might reflect the cost of services provided, plus the money handed out ?

Locally, many immigrant parents were demanding English immersion for their children rather than ESL schooling. Emersion is the quickest way to learn a language. The teachers union fought and won the battle. The union favored ESL because, the ESL teachers were paid an additional $1700/month for ESL teaching. So, there's an example of spending in California .

There were many instances of Spanish speaking kids in school for 3 years, who couldn't communicate in the most basic English. This is because they were being taught in Spanish. On the play ground, the English and Spanish kids didn't play together because, they couldn't communicate. So, this policy forced a kind of segregation. That's the last thing you want with young kids. Chinese kids in SF learn English and Chinese fluently at an early age. The long term SF Chinese (some 5 generations) make the schools comply. They are organized and self funded. The Mexican Spanish speakers aren't. Big difference.