The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Bad Timing For Bad Weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They've been busting their butts to come up with the $$$ to make this trip to have this happen. They ended up spending the night in DFW. Chuckle My heart goes out to the chaperones that had to keep an eye on these kids!

"The Munford High School band is traveling to California from Memphis to perform in the Rose Bowl Parade, but are stuck at the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport in Texas.

According to band members, half of the band members made it to Los Angeles, while the other half got stuck in Dallas overnight."

This was their "60 seconds" in the Macy's parade:

Chuckle They got out of there this morning and should be settled by 12pmPST. I don't know when but they are supposed to be marching in Dizzyland while they're out there.

Jr and I got stuck up in Anchorage in the Elmendorf AFB pax terminal one time while a repl. part was flown up from Wa. Couldn't leave because they planned to bag out as soon as possible. It was an adventure for him...me, not so much.

So while the kids will bounce back from the delay, my thoughts were for the chaperones that got stuck at DFW with them.
(12-28-2018, 01:23 PM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]Chuckle They got out of there this morning and should be settled by 12pmPST. I don't know when but they are supposed to be marching in Dizzyland while they're out there.

Jr and I got stuck up in Anchorage in the Elmendorf AFB pax terminal one time while a repl. part was flown up from Wa. Couldn't leave because they planned to bag out as soon as possible. It was an adventure for him...me, not so much.

So while the kids will bounce back from the delay, my thoughts were for the chaperones that got stuck at DFW with them.

Good point about the chaperones -- but you know, it takes a certain mindset and spirit to be a chaperone in the first place. My guess is that they just looked upon it as a bonus adventure, as well as the adventure of a lifetime.
(12-28-2018, 04:38 PM)Fritzy Ritz Wrote: [ -> ]Good point about the chaperones -- but you know, it takes a certain mindset and spirit to be a chaperone in the first place. My guess is that they just looked upon it as a bonus adventure, as well as the adventure of a lifetime.

Chuckle You're preachin' to the choir there! Did it a few times back when both of mine were in that band. The good part of that was I had a few snitches that kept me in the loop who to keep an eye on!
Saturday: Disney Main St.
Sunday: Bandfest (field show)
Monday: ToR parade