The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Nature reclaims battlefields....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nature reclaims items of war......

A pretty cool montage of stuff left on the battlefield (some lethal) reclaimed by nature.
There are areas of the Ardennes Forest that today are strictly off limits to everyone simply because of the amount of unexploded ordinance left over from WWII !

AS A DISCLAIMER, NEVER TOUCH OR DISTURBE UNEXPLODED ORDINANCE NO MATTER HOW OLD - TIME DOES NOT MAKE IT ANY LESS DANGEROUS !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTFOpiZOa1o
Cmicsfee
Haven't been to Gallipoli but if I did I'd have to sneak a 303 shell.
(12-18-2018, 01:54 AM)Pipkints Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't been to Gallipoli but if I did I'd have to sneak a 303 shell.

Taken from the battlefield at Gallipoli and now in a museam.

[Image: JXifJMe.jpg]
What a cool video. thanks for posting this. Years ago I was traveling a great deal here in the U.S. I frequently had a day or two to kill in between meetings and jobs. Since I was spending a lot of time South of the Mason Dixon line, I toured Civil War battle grounds on my days off. I see some parallels between the recent video and what I saw on the civil war battle grounds. In Vicksburg Miss. for example I saw several trees that had cannon balls embedded in the tree trunk. Also mini ball bullets from rifles stuck in trees. You can see the lead sticking out of the tree.

I have no idea if any of the cannon balls had explosive ordinance in them. Anyone can walk up to these trees and touch the cannon ball. I did. I saw similar things in the woods around the Gettysburg battle field.

Interesting 1dunno1