The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Man Desperately Tries to Rescue a Hanging Christmas Decoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God Bless this fella, he was seriously concerned.

The Heerlein family in Austin had decked out their home as a tribute to "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," complete with a mannequin dressed as Chevy Chase charter Clark Griswold hanging from the roof. In the movie, Griswold suffered a mishap putting up Christmas lights.

But the mannequin hung by Chris Heerlein was apparently a little too realistic, startling a passerby last week who panicked and tried to save the Griswold stand-in -- and called 911

(video at link)

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christmas-vac...o-call-911
Too bad a good samaritan now feels like a dumbass. I applaud his effort.

Nice house too.
(12-04-2018, 07:12 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad a good samaritan now feels like a dumbass. I applaud his effort.

Nice house too.

I hope he doesn't feel like a dumbass and had a good laugh after the fact.

He'll be famous in Austin now.

Was he on flakka?
(12-04-2018, 07:22 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Was he on flakka?

What's that?

(12-04-2018, 07:23 PM)Road Glide Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2018, 07:22 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Was he on flakka?

What's that?

Not sure. But, I bet it turn Christmas decorations into dancing living tings.

No,
I don't think he's whacked out nor over medicated. I suspect he's a fun-lovin Dave Chappelle-like fellow. Maybe, he thought he could make a buck off the deal. Sounds like he might. He could have thought it was real, then rolled with. Possibly think he was on a camera show like those Dateline-Nightline things.
Facepalm
(12-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]

No,
I don't think he's whacked out nor over medicated. I suspect he's a fun-lovin Dave Chappelle-like fellow. Maybe, he thought he could make a buck off the deal. Sounds like he might. He could have thought it was real, then rolled with. Possibly think he was on a camera show like those Dateline-Nightline things.

*chuckle*

Whatever the true story is, it made for a great Holiday news piece. I got a laugh from it and I hope others did too.
(12-04-2018, 08:43 PM)Road Glide Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]

No,

*chuckle*

Whatever the true story is, it made for a great Holiday news piece.  I got a laugh from it and I hope others did too.

The homeowner gave the rescuer (a retired veteran) a gift card for his selfless act of bravery.

Nice story.