The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Does Trump really care about POTUS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not a big President Trump fan, but I'm well aware that Trump is a man of business before politics. In fact, his biggest hurdles are politicians, both foreign as well as domestic. As POTUS he has the means to open opportunities that he wouldn't as a private businessman and he's not meeting with very many people he hasn't dealt with before. Personally I seriously doubt that his presidency is a long term goal, considering his lack of drug use, relatively good health and consistent active lifestyle. Is his presidency really the end goal, or just a doorway for opportunity for business? Personally, I think only a fool would actually think he was anything less than brilliant, regardless of political preference; he's proven himself in that, but is his time in office an act of patriotism, or the smooth move of an experienced business man?
(12-04-2018, 01:19 PM)Ken_Masters Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a big President Trump fan, but I'm well aware that Trump is a man of business before politics. In fact, his biggest hurdles are politicians, both foreign as well as domestic. As POTUS he has the means to open opportunities that he wouldn't as a private businessman and he's not meeting with very many people he hasn't dealt with before. Personally I seriously doubt that his presidency is a long term goal, considering his lack of drug use, relatively good health and consistent active lifestyle. Is his presidency really the end goal, or just a doorway for opportunity for business? Personally, I think only a fool would actually think he was anything less than brilliant, regardless of political preference; he's proven himself in that, but is his time in office an act of patriotism, or the smooth move of an experienced business man?

I agree he is a business man before politician. You realize that many folks voted for him because of this?
I think this gives him a different perspective than former presidents. It's refreshing.
His lack of drugs and alcohol and his attitude of winning make me more confident for my country.
Having said that, his being president can't hurt the family business in the long run,but I do believe he ran because he had seen enough.
(12-04-2018, 02:00 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2018, 01:19 PM)Ken_Masters Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a big President Trump fan, but I'm well aware that Trump is a man of business before politics. In fact, his biggest hurdles are politicians, both foreign as well as domestic. As POTUS he has the means to open opportunities that he wouldn't as a private businessman and he's not meeting with very many people he hasn't dealt with before. Personally I seriously doubt that his presidency is a long term goal, considering his lack of drug use, relatively good health and consistent active lifestyle. Is his presidency really the end goal, or just a doorway for opportunity for business? Personally, I think only a fool would actually think he was anything less than brilliant, regardless of political preference; he's proven himself in that, but is his time in office an act of patriotism, or the smooth move of an experienced business man?

I agree he is a business man before politician. You realize that many folks voted for him because of this?
I think this gives him a different perspective than former presidents. It's refreshing.
His lack of drugs and alcohol and his attitude of winning make me more confident for my country.
Having said that, his being president can't hurt the family business in the long run,but I do believe he ran because he had seen enough.
He is not doing this for himself. He has everything he needs in life and then some...except for his hair. He needs less hair.
I read somewhere this morning that Trump has lost nearly $2B since taking office. If he had made $7B in his entire lifetime, then it's going to take a long, long time just to re-coup that $2B.

Naw, he did this for his Country. No other reason.
(12-04-2018, 02:00 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe he has been disenchanted with Government for a long time. He was considering running back in 1985 but decided to wait until he was older. Imo he is trying to correct some major screw ups that he has observed. In no way do I think POTUS is the be all end all for him.

just my 2 cents.... Chuckle