The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: California assisted suicide law clears hurdle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOS ANGELES — A California appeals court overturned a lower court order that had imperiled the state’s assisted suicide law, but a longer legal fight may loom because the ruling skirted the larger issue of whether the legislation was unconstitutional.

A three-judge panel of the 4th District Court of Appeals in the city of Riverside on Tuesday did not rule on the merits of the case because it found doctors opposed to the law had no right to sue to block the law. The court said the doctors failed to show they were harmed because they could choose not to help terminally ill patients die.

The End of Life Option Act allows adults to obtain a prescription for life-ending drugs if a doctor finds they have six months or less to live.

The ruling reversed Riverside County Superior Court Judge Daniel Ottolia's judgment in May that declared the law unconstitutiona because it was adopted during a special legislative session that was supposed to address improving the medical system and health of Californians.

https://www.oregonlive.com/health/2018/1...urdle.html
Good.

Terminally ill patients should have a choice. Notice I said terminally ill, not mentally ill or retarded people.
(11-30-2018, 05:16 PM)Debauchery Wrote: [ -> ]Good.

Terminally ill patients should have a choice. Notice I said terminally ill, not mentally ill or retarded people.

I just know I don't want to go out hooked to a dozen tubes and machines. Just give me one last bowl of weed to smoke as you turn up the morphine so I can take a nice long dirt nap.

I would like to give Libtards the option too.
At least put them out of my misery.

This is just my dream because I know they
really like to stick around to control and torment
everyone else.

The problem is that the safeguards and parameters will be slowly eroded away and the sick and disabled little by little end up being encompassed by this.

I'm not so sure I'd agree with you there, D. However, I am not God and therefore not here to judge. That said, according to scripture, it is a sin to commit suicide. I'm sure there are acceptions, though, such as someone being distraught over the loss of a child or loved one that came unexpectedly. Especially if they themselves were responsible for their death.
(11-30-2018, 05:58 PM)Cryptic_Mole Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not so sure I'd agree with you there, D. However, I am not God and therefore not here to judge. That said, according to scripture, it is a sin to commit suicide. I'm sure there are acceptions, though, such as someone being distraught over the loss of a child or loved one that came unexpectedly. Especially if they themselves were responsible for their death.

I watched my mom rot away from glioblastoma multiforme. It was unnecessary. It was torture. She deserved better.

That in addition to watching a few other people slowly die is why I am all for it.

I understand why some people are for it and some are against. I get both sides of the argument, but I've also watched someone wither away, I took care of my mom from the time she was diagnosed until 3 months before she died. They kept going in and doing surgery, destroying more and more of her, she was catatonic at one point, she couldn't feed herself, she couldn't go to the bathroom, she couldn't get up, she fell out of bed constantly, she was in horrible pain, it was agonizing for her. It was so traumatizing for me, it haunts me, seeing someone suffer like that changes you and a lot of people who are against it finally realize how very cruel it is to try and force someone to stay alive, usually it's healthy family members who don't want to deal with the loss of that person. Or religious people because it's against their beliefs. It's selfishness.

They deserve to die on their terms when there is no hope of living.

We let animals go quietly. We put them down so they don't suffer. Why do humans deserve any less?