The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: "Baking Soda Misuse" Hope You'll Paying Attention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There have been studies done on this since 2014 available on-line.

"Baking Soda is a universally available household product. It is used to treat heartburn, indigestion as a home remedy. It's generally well tolerated but abuse and overdose can cause toxicities with serious metabolic and neurological complications. We discuss here a case of a patient with acute baking soda toxicity that developed acute respiratory failure and large bilateral cerebral infarctions leading to death. To our research this is the first reported case of cerebral infarctions following baking soda toxicity. Our report underlines the need for healthcare professionals to be aware on the complications of baking soda overdose and its urgent treatment."

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/...000362.pdf

Hear tell it is bad for the amino acids.
Guess you'd need to replace amino acids?
Geez, ok! I will lay off the Baking Soda. Abuse one small container of Baking Soda and you get labeled as a baking soda abuser for life.

(10-31-2018, 02:33 PM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, ok! I will lay off the Baking Soda. Abuse one small container of Baking Soda and you get labeled as a baking soda abuser for life.

Seek help! You can't just go around blaming OP for your Baking Soda Abuse Label. Now lets Drinks
(10-31-2018, 02:33 PM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, ok! I will lay off the Baking Soda. Abuse one small container of Baking Soda and you get labeled as a baking soda abuser for life.

Do you put it in apple cider too?

Chuckle

Once you get hooked there is no return to a normal life. The monkey is always on your back. Chuckle
(10-31-2018, 01:53 PM)KOMMA Wrote: [ -> ]There have been studies done on this since 2014 available on-line.

"Baking Soda is a universally available household product. It is used to treat heartburn, indigestion as a home remedy. It's generally well tolerated but abuse and overdose can cause toxicities with serious metabolic and neurological complications. We discuss here a case of a patient with acute baking soda toxicity that developed acute respiratory failure and large bilateral cerebral infarctions leading to death. To our research this is the first reported case of cerebral infarctions following baking soda toxicity. Our report underlines the need for healthcare professionals to be aware on the complications of baking soda overdose and its urgent treatment."

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/...000362.pdf

(10-31-2018, 01:56 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Hear tell it is bad for the amino acids.
Guess you'd need to replace amino acids?

I'm not an expert on amino acids, I just do as I am told, the boss has never let me down, whereas doctors have.
(10-31-2018, 02:55 PM)KOMMA Wrote: [ -> ]

Chuckle

They would cancel each other out. Baking soda destroys stomach acid. Without stomach acid...your food will not digest properly. When food doesn't digest properly... it ferments and rots in the gut. No nutrients can be extracted. No nutrients...no health.
(10-31-2018, 03:18 PM)Karu Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2018, 02:55 PM)KOMMA Wrote: [ -> ]

Chuckle

They would cancel each other out.  Baking soda destroys stomach acid.  Without stomach acid...your food will not digest properly.  When food doesn't digest properly... it ferments and rots in the gut.  No nutrients can be extracted.  No nutrients...no health.

I don't take either.

Half a teaspoon of baking powder in a cake sometimes. I bake two or three cakes a month.

And I prefer balsamic vinegar to apple cider vinger. Although I do have some apple cider vinegar and red wine vinegar for if and when a savoury recipe might require it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4