The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Any Mechanics Here? I Need Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
My car has been acting up for the past 6 mos.  There's times it just won't start.  I've had it towed to the shop 3 times and when it gets there it'll start with no problem.  The mechanic said the diagnostic won't find anything if it's starting.  I made him change the starter last month just to do something so I know it's not that.    Any idea?  It's becoming really annoying.  This dude is gonna think I'm crazy because every time it's towed in it starts for him just fine.   1dunno1
What does it do when you turn the key and it does not start?

It could be a dirty battery connector is why I asked..or the main ground from the battery to the frame could be corroded?
(10-22-2018, 10:24 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]My car has been acting up for the past 6 mos.  There's times it just won't start.  I've had it towed to the shop 3 times and when it gets there it'll start with no problem.  The mechanic said the diagnostic won't find anything if it's starting.  I made him change the starter last month just to do something so I know it's not that.    Any idea?  It's becoming really annoying.  This dude is gonna think I'm crazy because every time it's towed in it starts for him just fine.   1dunno1

Sounds like electrics...

Remove, wire brush and replace (tight) your battery terminals...

Heartflowers Heartflowers Heartflowers
(10-22-2018, 10:24 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]My car has been acting up for the past 6 mos.  There's times it just won't start.  I've had it towed to the shop 3 times and when it gets there it'll start with no problem.  The mechanic said the diagnostic won't find anything if it's starting.  I made him change the starter last month just to do something so I know it's not that.    Any idea?  It's becoming really annoying.  This dude is gonna think I'm crazy because every time it's towed in it starts for him just fine.   1dunno1

what is it doing when its not starting?
motor turning over
or clicking sound?
what kind of car? year and model?
Does it turn over? Make any noise? Or does it just do nothing?
i am sure the mechanic unhooked the battery whenhe changed the starter, and then tighten it well.. maybe a ground to the motor, or CPS sensor... Crank position sensor)

what kind of car??????????
Also the main ignition wire(attached to key tumbler assembly) in the ignition bundle could be farting out..
There are two main things that cause the car to be hard starting, either the spark or the gas intake. I'm guessing it's not the spark since you do get it to go after a while. But it's more complicated to troubleshoot the gas. If you have fuel injection there is a small module called the Idol adjustment control valve, and if it's acting up you will get uneven idle and stalling. Another possibility is the fuel filter and pump. If you have run the car to empty it could damage the fuel pump, in which case it is not giving enough gas to the car at starting. A fuel filter could be filled with water which would stop the car from starting but be OK when it does start. All these things have to be looked at by a mechanic to diagnose the problem
(10-22-2018, 10:26 PM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]What does it do when you turn the key and it does not start?

It could be a dirty battery connector is why I asked..or the main ground from the battery to the frame could be corroded?

All the lights come on and then nothing...doesn't even sound like it's trying to start.
(10-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 10:26 PM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]What does it do when you turn the key and it does not start?

All the lights come on and then nothing...doesn't even sound like it's trying to start.

What is the car and how old is it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9