The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Halloween is coming, tell us your strange/paranormal story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you ever experienced something creepy, something you couldn't explain?

Several years ago I was camped alone in a national forest campground in the midwest. I was laying in my tent, awake but nearly ready to fall asleep when I noticed the sound of two-legged footsteps creeping near my car. I hard something or someone brush up against the Chevy and so I looked out through the tent window. I finally got out of the tent with a flashlight to look around but I saw nothing. On my way back to the tent a small limb fell out of a tree, nearly hitting me. I shined the light up in the tree, a fairly young tree only about 15 feet tall, expecting to see a raccoon up there, but nothing was in the tree. I tore down my campsite and went home as fast as I could.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Classmate at the hospital was found physically shaking in a lone, secluded opening of the grounds, next to a tree. Pale and out of sorts. She was shaking vehemently, two friends already with her when we found her. They all looked worried.

The two friends, males, had a nurse come up to them ask for the girl by name. So they told the nurse where to find her.

As per the girl's story, the girl ran into the nurse at a corridor. The nurse said nothing to her. She just turned sideways and was flat like a sheet of paper. Disappeared right in front of her eyes. She described the nurse, the boys confirmed they saw the same nurse earlier.

Next day, an old employee of the hospital showed her a picture of the young nurse who died 30 years before in a car accident. The young nurse had been crushed and flattened by the impact with a larger vehicle. Local legend was that the nurse appeared to those in danger beforehand. The girl's sister was in a car wreck a day later, but fortunately survived.

It was, surreal, just watching it unfold. Can't imagine actually being part of it.
Bump
(10-16-2018, 07:37 PM)mountain man Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever experienced something creepy, something you couldn't explain?

Several years ago I was camped alone in a national forest campground in the midwest.  I was laying in my tent, awake but nearly ready to fall asleep when I noticed the sound of two-legged footsteps creeping near my car.  I hard something or someone brush up against the Chevy and so I looked out through the tent window.  I finally got out of the tent with a flashlight to look around but I saw nothing. On my way back to the tent a small limb fell out of a tree, nearly hitting me.  I shined the light up in the tree, a fairly young tree only about 15 feet tall, expecting to see a raccoon up there, but nothing was in the tree.  I tore down my campsite and went home as fast as I could.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Interesting, I've experienced some creepy things when out camping...in the woods. When I was a kid we were camping in Yellowstone, this was me, my brother and our parents. My brother and I were in a tent from WWII surplus. We kept hearing footsteps out side the tent, walking between out tent and our parents tent. My brother went to the tent flaps and looked outside. It was black bears walking between the tents, looking for "A Picnic Basket". They were huge pests at the campground.
Chuckle