The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Jury reaches verdict in trial of Chicago police officer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard on the radio the officer was found guilty

Looking for a link

Chicago Police Officer Jason Van Dyke guilty of second-degree murder in 2014 shooting death of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald

Van Dyke was also found guilty of 16 counts of aggravated battery. He was found not guilty of official misconduct.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018...525648002/
Officer Jason Van Dyke is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated battery and official misconduct. The judge told jurors just before they withdrew to begin deliberating that they will have the option of convicting the officer of the lesser charge of second-degree murder. First-degree murder carries a maximum sentence of life. If convicted of second-degree murder, Van Dyke could face 15 years or more in prison, but probation is also an option with that charge.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jury-reaches-...ce-officer

Guilty on all but misconduct
(10-05-2018, 03:04 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]Guilty on all but misconduct

So battery and murder is what is expected from a Chicago cop?

Hiding3
(10-05-2018, 03:41 PM)Terpentin Wrote: [ -> ]

Hiding3

Or shooting a criminal with a gun during the commission of a crime. Maybe 16 times is excessive but I would keep pulling the trigger until it clicks
So no free shit, err, I mean riots then?

[Image: riots.jpg]
(10-05-2018, 04:26 PM)Deplorably Nameless Wrote: [ -> ]So no free shit, err, I mean riots then?

[Image: riots.jpg]

Oh, I'm sure they will have celebratory riots.
(10-05-2018, 04:17 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 03:41 PM)Terpentin Wrote: [ -> ]

Hiding3

Or shooting a criminal with a gun during the commission of a crime.  Maybe 16 times is excessive but I would keep pulling the trigger until it clicks

After how many rounds did he change the magazine?