The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Directed Energy Weapon test? I wonder.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Cause of burning hole in Midway, Ark. remains a mystery

Can anyone think up a natural explanation for this?

Quote:A volleyball-sized hole was burning, with flames shooting out of it off Highway 5 South in Midway.

Fire Chief Don Tucker said, "A fire was burning roughly two feet in diameter, eight feet tall. And it burned for approximately 40 minutes."

How does a 3.5 foot deep hole produce an 8 foot flame for 40 minutes?

What caused 8-foot flames to shoot out of Arkansas hole? Not the devil, official says

Quote:Once the fire burned out, Tucker told the News-Leader that he took a temperature reading — it was 780 degrees inside, he said. The hole was about 3 and a half feet deep.
(09-20-2018, 12:56 PM)Jostler Wrote: [ -> ]Cause of burning hole in Midway, Ark. remains a mystery

Quote:A volleyball-sized hole was burning, with flames shooting out of it off Highway 5 South in Midway.

Fire Chief Don Tucker said, "A fire was burning roughly two feet in diameter, eight feet tall. And it burned for approximately 40 minutes."

What caused 8-foot flames to shoot out of Arkansas hole? Not the devil, official says

Quote:Once the fire burned out, Tucker told the News-Leader that he took a temperature reading — it was 780 degrees inside, he said. The hole was about 3 and a half feet deep.

Thermite or magnesium burn that way and would certainly create a crater / hole. Not natural, man made.
there is no way thermite could do that without leaving several pounds of molten iron in the bottom  of the hole...and I doubt it  could do it at all

thermite is not a boring machine
(09-20-2018, 01:06 PM)Jostler Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2018, 01:02 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2018, 12:56 PM)Jostler Wrote: [ -> ]Cause of burning hole in Midway, Ark. remains a mystery

Thermite or magnesium burn that way and would certainly create a crater / hole. Not natural, man made.

there is no way thermite could do that without leaving several pounds of molten iron in the bottom  of the hole...and I doubt it  could do it at all

thermite is not a boring machine

Yep, that's true. Not the case for magnesium, but don't think that was used. I also don't think it was a directed energy weapon. Likely a prank.
Yep, that's true. Not the case for magnesium, but don't think that was used. I also don't think it was a directed energy weapon. Likely a prank.

Thermite burns hotter than magnesium and thermate burns hotter than thermite. I have plenty of hands on experience with thermate demolition grenades and I am dead certain neither of those materials will burn a volleyball size hole 3.5 feet into the ground.
I suppose if you dug the hole first and then put some magnesium in the hole, it might produce something like what is seen in the picture. I am certain it would not bore the hole itself.
I read the same story a day or so back. But they said the hole went down and then took off at a 45° angle. Plus Sheriff Joe Jeff Jim Bob said there was no "dirt splash" like you would expect from an upward explosion or meteor strike.
1dunno1
(09-20-2018, 01:36 PM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]I read the same story a day or so back. But they said the hole went down and then took off at a 45° angle. Plus Sheriff Joe Jeff Jim Bob said there was no "dirt splash" like you would expect from an upward explosion or meteor strike.
1dunno1

I wish someone would do a chemical analysis of the residues, but that's probably too much to hope for :) Its certainly odd...
Directed energy weapons are a favorite topic of mine, and one I've spent considerable effort at researching.  I am not convinced this is evidence, but I am also at a loss for a more conventional explanation.

It may  have been nothing more than a prank.

I also found that report of something striking the ground right next to a secretive radar installation in Greenland very interesting...but they were so tight lipped about details on that one there was no way to really make a guess.

The fact it didn't even get reported for several days and the complete lack of details provided was suspicious in itself.

https://twitter.com/PetiteGuerriero/stat...56/photo/1

That one was explained as a meteor and it probably was, but the location and the hush hush attitude made me wonder :)   Subsequent reports styled it an airburst, but the first reports I saw indicated a ground strike.

meh....if we get evidence of DEW tests before they're used in anger, we'll be lucky.  I keep looking though.
here's a decent introduction to concepts, but once you start digging it quickly gets pretty clear they have still other types not yet openly mentioned in public.

Directed Energy Weapons: Particle Beam Weapons

"masers" are particularly interesting...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5