The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Several Killed After Militants Storm Libya's National Oil HQ In Tripoli
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After weeks of escalating clashes among factions in the Libyan capital of Tripoli armed militants have stormed the headquarters of the National Oil Corporation (NOC).

Reuters reported smoke and ambulances ferrying injured away in an attack that eyewitnesses say started with five blasts and resulted in multiple people being shot. The large glass-fronted office complex is located in central Tripoli and the state-run NOC is responsible for exporting a combined 70% of the country's oil across its subsidiaries and facilities throughout the country.

Significant casualties have been reported with early reports saying at least six have killed. According to Tripoli security officials, two NOC employees are among the dead, and two of the gunmen have been reported killed by security forces. “Three or five gunmen were shooting inside the building,” an NOC staff members who fled the building told Reuters, and added, “Several people were shot.”

And reportedly Musthafa Sanallah, NOC chairman, who was present at the time of the attack and safely evacuated from the building, immediately told reporters that "the attack won't affect NOC operation".

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-1...ted-attack
Bump 4  Facepalm

Can’t even imagine what life is like in Lybia these days

Just one more Country Hussein attacked with out congressional approval

No one said a word
(09-10-2018, 12:38 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t even imagine what life is like in Lybia these days

Just one more Country Hussein attacked with out congressional approval

No one said a word

Quote: Clinton: Senator, you know, when you’re in these positions, the last thing you want to do is interfere with any other process going on, number one—

Johnson: I realize that’s a good excuse.

Clinton: Well, no, it’s the fact. Number two, I would recommend highly you read both what the ARB said about it and the classified ARB because, even today, there are questions being raised. Now, we have no doubt they were terrorists, they were militants, they attacked us, they killed our people. But what was going on and why they were doing what they were doing is still unknown --

Johnson: No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that -- an assault sprang out of that -- and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

Johnson: OK. Thank you, Madame Secretary.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter...does-it-m/
(09-10-2018, 11:41 AM)atabrigade Wrote: [ -> ]After weeks of escalating clashes among factions in the Libyan capital of Tripoli armed militants have stormed the headquarters of the National Oil Corporation (NOC).

Reuters reported smoke and ambulances ferrying injured away in an attack that eyewitnesses say started with five blasts and resulted in multiple people being shot. The large glass-fronted office complex is located in central Tripoli and the state-run NOC is responsible for exporting a combined 70% of the country's oil across its subsidiaries and facilities throughout the country.

Significant casualties have been reported with early reports saying at least six have killed. According to Tripoli security officials, two NOC employees are among the dead, and two of the gunmen have been reported killed by security forces. “Three or five gunmen were shooting inside the building,” an NOC staff members who fled the building told Reuters, and added, “Several people were shot.”

And reportedly Musthafa Sanallah, NOC chairman, who was present at the time of the attack and safely evacuated from the building, immediately told reporters that "the attack won't affect NOC operation".

Now there is violence in Libya. The deep staters seem to have stirred the pot in the middle east yet again. imo It probably won't be long and the entire region will be on fire from a regional war. Sunnis versus Shiites. Both attacking each other and Israel to boot.

When will this end.... Facepalm
(09-10-2018, 04:53 PM)phxsparks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 11:41 AM)atabrigade Wrote: [ -> ]After weeks of escalating clashes among factions in the Libyan capital of Tripoli armed militants have stormed the headquarters of the National Oil Corporation (NOC).

Now there is violence in Libya.  The deep staters seem to have stirred the pot in the middle east yet again.  imo  It probably won't be long and the entire region will be on fire from a regional war.  Sunnis versus Shiites.  Both attacking each other and Israel to boot.

When will this end....  Facepalm

As soon as Ghaddafi's son takes over as leader. That's the plan I understand. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03...elections/

Behind a paywall but it's got a paragraph.  Chuckle https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gadda...-5fsq0trk2
(09-10-2018, 04:53 PM)phxsparks Wrote: [ -> ]Now there is violence in Libya.  The deep staters seem to have stirred the pot in the middle east yet again.  imo  It probably won't be long and the entire region will be on fire from a regional war.  Sunnis versus Shiites.  Both attacking each other and Israel to boot.

When will this end ....  Facepalm

When will it end?

Probably never.

They've been fighting each other for about 14 or 15 centuries now.
(09-11-2018, 02:18 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 04:53 PM)phxsparks Wrote: [ -> ]Now there is violence in Libya.  The deep staters seem to have stirred the pot in the middle east yet again.  imo  It probably won't be long and the entire region will be on fire from a regional war.  Sunnis versus Shiites.  Both attacking each other and Israel to boot.

When will it end?

Probably never.

You are right about this. Why has the U.S. not withdrawn and let them fight it out? I suspect I know the answer but... I want to hear it from someone else. V6sRZf4
(09-11-2018, 02:25 AM)phxsparks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 02:18 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]

When will it end?

Probably never.

You are right about this.  Why has the U.S. not withdrawn and let them fight it out?  I suspect I know the answer but... I want to hear it from someone else.   V6sRZf4

Umm ... Let me see now ... hmm ... maybe perhaps oil ? Chuckle