The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: HP- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT IMPORTANT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
President Trump 2020 is fixing things for the better. MAGA

New Law Will Let Consumers ‘Freeze’ Credit Files Without Charge (EFFECTIVE TODAY)

June 1, 2018

Americans will soon have the right to freeze their credit files free of charge.

On May 24, President Trump signed the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act, which has received attention for loosening restrictions placed on banks after the financial crisis. The legislation, however, also made some changes to the federal law dictating consumer credit rules.

One helpful change, which consumer advocates had been seeking for years, will allow consumers to “freeze” their credit files at the three major credit reporting bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion — without charge. Consumers can also “thaw” their files, temporarily or permanently, without a fee.

“It’s a good thing,” said Susan Grant, director of consumer protection and privacy at the Consumer Federation of America.

Credit experts often recommend a credit freeze, also called a security freeze, as a way to protect personal information from credit fraud and identity theft. A freeze means that no one can get access to your credit files to fraudulently open a new account in your name. It also means that you can’t apply for new credit, either, unless you lift the freeze using a special personal identification number.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/01/your-...w-law.html

VIDEO AT THIS LINK

https://abc7chicago.com/finance/new-law-...e/4097070/

SORRY NIGERIA WE HAVE A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN Yeah3

This is a good thing.

When somebody dies, people take out credit cards in their name.

I know, it happened to me.

------------

Just saying, it will serve more than one purpose of you are creative in your thinking.
(09-01-2018, 09:03 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I know, it happened to me.

------------

Just saying, it will serve more than one purpose of you are creative in your thinking.

You ' re a Texas Voter ?

(09-01-2018, 09:03 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]When somebody dies, people take out credit cards in their name.

Lmao

What happened with you is not funny my friend, just giving you a hard time on how you phrased it. I too had some slimy asshole in VietNam use my SS# to file a fraudulent tax return, so I know what you've been through. But, I was alive when it happened  Chuckle
I wish some slime would use My SSN to file a phony Tax Return !

Gawd , I can ' t get into Court without Them holes file some Charges .

Come ON 16th Floor . Ya got a pile of Attorneys . Can ' t none of You figure out what I ' m doing wrong ? Charge Me with SOMETHING . . . . please . . . .

num nutz everywhere

This goes into effect today so there is no excuse for any of us on this forum to ever have credit theft problem again. Send it out to all you families and friends. Credit theft can be a living nightmare. You can shut it down and open it up anytime temporary with your own secured PIN number. It is a no brainer. Heartflowers
(09-01-2018, 09:03 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good thing.

------------

You're dead???
(09-01-2018, 09:07 AM)Heir Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2018, 09:03 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I know, it happened to me.

------------

You ' re a Texas Voter ?

Probably North Carolina.
(09-01-2018, 09:23 AM)HomeLessPatriot Wrote: [ -> ]This goes into effect today so there is no excuse for any of us on this forum to ever have credit theft  problem again. Send it out to all you families and friends. Credit theft can be a living nightmare. You can shut it down and open it up anytime temporary with your own secured PIN number. It is a no brainer. Heartflowers

Thank you for this.  I'll work on this ASAP.  I wonder if it can be done on a holiday weekend.  I must do some research.

My entire identity was stolen a few years ago during the OPM hack.  Almost everything, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING, about me is in that file.  Every address, phone number, school, friends, neighbors, employers, medical records - everything any creditor could ever ask as a security question to verify identity is in that file.

You know what the government "gave" me to compensate?  Two years of weak ass credit "monitoring."  That's it.  No locking, mind you - just monitoring.  That means they will tell you if someone has already gotten credit in your name - not stopping it.  

It's been a PITA!  Lock credit.  Then someone has to check it (like when I moved and the manager needed to do a credit check.)  I have to unlock it, and then re-lock it after the report.  Every lock and unlock and re-lock costs money.

These credit bureaus are complete scum-sucking scammers themselves!
(09-01-2018, 09:03 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good thing.

------------

Did you die once????
Pages: 1 2 3