The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: BRIBES AND PAYOFFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
BRIBES AND PAYOFFS...seem to be the main focus of the MSM as they try to destroy President Trump. So I want to discuss three different cases that show the hypocrisy of it all.

So I have found this article for starters:

Then-President Bill Clinton Wrote Paula Jones An $850,000 Check

Then-sitting president Bill Clinton sent his sexual misconduct accuser Paula Jones an $850,000 check right before his trial in the Senate to remove him from office for lying under oath about his Monica Lewinsky affair.
Let’s remember Bill Clinton’s check to Paula Jones, which occurred when he was literally the commander in chief, and supposedly came from a blind trust even though the numbers in that trust did not match up with the amount paid.
Just as the Senate is about to begin President Clinton’s impeachment trial in earnest, Mr. Clinton sent $850,000 to Paula Corbin Jones today to settle the sexual misconduct lawsuit that started it all.
Clinton Administration officials said a check for $850,000, the amount agreed to in November to settle the case, was being sent by overnight mail to Ms. Jones and her lawyers. The officials, who asked that their names not be used, said that a little more than half of the money, $475,000, came from an insurance policy against civil liability the President held with Chubb Group Insurance

LINK:https://bigleaguepolitics.com/then-president-bill-clinton-wrote-paula-jones-an-850000-check/

Case #2 The Kenyan Commie

Obama’s “closest friends” sent Reverend Wright an email offering him $150,000 in hush money to go silent before the election.
And he did.
Years later Jeremiah Wright admitted to author Ed Klein that he had been offered the $150,000 bribe to go away.
Here is the LINK I won't bore you with the details
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08...ah-wright/

And case #3
which nobody has thought about and it came from a comment under the first link and I will copy and paste it here. Not my comment

Comentor writes:
Many politicians have paid off to silence a claimant or settle a personal dispute. In fact, Congress 'unconstitutionally' allocated millions of taxpayer dollars for it's special payoff fund. There is no federal criminal statute prohibiting Non Disclosure settlements. In fact, it is highly likely that a truly independent SCOTUS would determine that Congress does not have the Constitutional authority to legislate campaign financing as it is the right, duty and obligation of the individual states, not the federal government - to supervise elections.

In fact It has all the makings of a serious scandal: more than $17 million in public money paid since 1997 to settle workplace disputes on Capitol Hill.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/2...und-255547

So for this very fact IMHO is another reason Trump will never be impeached as there are alot of skeletons in those congressional closets and Trump can unseal anything as President. Lmao .
Thanks for sharing that and so true. They are idijits. Eyeroll
(08-25-2018, 03:25 PM)SassyFringette Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing that and so true. They are idijits. Eyeroll

If President Trump decides to take the gloves off it could get really ugly for the Congress. Alot of destroyed marriages and careers. Trump holds all the cards as Chief Executive. He can declassify it all. Yeah3
(08-25-2018, 03:30 PM)HomeLessPatriot Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 03:25 PM)SassyFringette Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing that and so true. They are idijits. Eyeroll

If President Trump decides to take the gloves off it could get really ugly for the Congress. Alot of destroyed marriages and careers. Trump holds all the cards as Chief Executive. He can declassify it all.  Yeah3

I wish he would.

Do you remember someone saying they had investigated Congress and the ONLY person there who had not taken a bribe or done anything crooked was Jeff Sessions?
I think that lobbying should be made illegal along with insider trading and everything else the gov't does that we as citizens can't.
(08-25-2018, 04:38 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]I think that lobbying should be made illegal along with insider trading and everything else the gov't does that we as citizens can't.

[Image: gmhlog5.gif]
(08-25-2018, 04:38 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]I think that lobbying should be made illegal along with insider trading and everything else the gov't does that we as citizens can't.

lobbying should NEVER been allowed, insider trading is illegal for ALL, including government, but they do it and so should be caught and prison!!
(08-25-2018, 05:25 PM)Apache54 Wrote: [ -> ]

lobbying should NEVER been allowed, insider trading is illegal for ALL, including government, but they do it and so should be caught and prison!!

Typical F'ing lawyers. Eh! That's the other thing that should be barred from holding any political office.
(08-25-2018, 05:33 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 05:25 PM)Apache54 Wrote: [ -> ]

Typical F'ing lawyers. Eh! That's the other thing that should be barred from holding any political office.

I thought I'd read somewhere that lawyers were not supposed to run for congress. Seems like it was something to do with the Constitution. Scratchinghead 1dunno1
(08-25-2018, 05:48 PM)SassyFringette Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 05:33 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2018, 05:25 PM)Apache54 Wrote: [ -> ]lobbying should NEVER been allowed, insider trading is illegal for ALL, including government, but they do it and so should be caught and prison!!

I thought I'd read somewhere that lawyers were not supposed to run for congress. Seems like it was something to do with the Constitution. Scratchinghead  1dunno1

MEANING of the 13th Amendment

The “missing” 13th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows:

“If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them.”
Historically, the British peerage system referred to knights as “Squires” and to those who bore the knight’s shields as “Esquires”. As lances, shields, and physical violence gave way to the more civilized means of theft, the pen grew mightier (and more profitable) than the sword, and the clever wielders of those pens (bankers and lawyers) came to hold titles of nobility. The most common title was “Esquire” (used, even today, by some lawyers).
Pages: 1 2 3