The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Anybody remember.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Wacky Packs?"

Drinks
(08-21-2018, 11:02 PM)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]"Wacky Packs?"

Drinks

They were the Shit!
(08-21-2018, 11:05 PM)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]

Drinks

They were the Shit!

We used to trade wacky packs for penthouse and hustler mags, behind my friends garage.

Drinks

Were they trading cards with bubble gum?
I think that I do remember them if it is what I am thinking???
(08-21-2018, 11:09 PM)DRUMZ Wrote: [ -> ]

Drinks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacky_Packages

Drinks

I still have some....they are in with my Baseball cards...

bunch of em...

Odd Rods:

baseball and football

creature feature cards...

some others don't rem..but I don't get in those boxes...I might decide to sell something...

1973 to 1976[edit]

Wacky Packages returned in 1973 as peel-and-stick stickers for a highly successful run. Sixteen different series were produced from 1973 to 1977 and were sold in five-cent to ten-cent packs originally containing three stickers (two stickers beginning after the second series; three stickers returned in the sixteenth), a stick of bubble gum, and a puzzle piece with a checklist. The seventh series was available without bubble gum for a short period of time. There were anywhere between 27–33 cards in each series and nine puzzle cards with a series checklist on the back of each of them. Series 1 re-used designs that were issued on the 1967 die-cut series (except for 14 of the original 44 cards) and Series 2 re-used designs from the 1969 Wacky Ads (except for five of the 25 out of 30 Ads used; one of the 25 had its name changed from the original Ad and six more cards in that series each had four small re-releases of some of the 1967 cards), with eight extra designs that were brand new. In all, there were 488 different cards over 16 series (one card from Series 2 was used again in Series 14). These cards can be distinguished from all later releases by a lack of a number on the front of the card and having tan and white backs instead of puzzles and checklists (the first three series and the 13th and 14th series all had both tan and white backs, the 15th and 16th series both had white backs only and all of the other series had tan backs only. In addition to this, the first two series also had black and red Ludlow backs, which were very rare).

my time period
(08-21-2018, 11:22 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: [ -> ]

Drinks

I still have some....they are in with my Baseball cards...

bunch of em...

Odd Rods:

baseball and football

creature feature cards...

some others don't rem..but I don't get in those boxes...I might decide to sell something...

1973 to 1976[edit]

Wacky Packages returned in 1973 as peel-and-stick stickers for a highly successful run. Sixteen different series were produced from 1973 to 1977 and were sold in five-cent to ten-cent packs originally containing three stickers (two stickers beginning after the second series; three stickers returned in the sixteenth), a stick of bubble gum, and a puzzle piece with a checklist. The seventh series was available without bubble gum for a short period of time. There were anywhere between 27–33 cards in each series and nine puzzle cards with a series checklist on the back of each of them. Series 1 re-used designs that were issued on the 1967 die-cut series (except for 14 of the original 44 cards) and Series 2 re-used designs from the 1969 Wacky Ads (except for five of the 25 out of 30 Ads used; one of the 25 had its name changed from the original Ad and six more cards in that series each had four small re-releases of some of the 1967 cards), with eight extra designs that were brand new. In all, there were 488 different cards over 16 series (one card from Series 2 was used again in Series 14). These cards can be distinguished from all later releases by a lack of a number on the front of the card and having tan and white backs instead of puzzles and checklists (the first three series and the 13th and 14th series all had both tan and white backs, the 15th and 16th series both had white backs only and all of the other series had tan backs only. In addition to this, the first two series also had black and red Ludlow backs, which were very rare).

my time period

Heartflowers Heartflowers

Thamks for this.
(08-21-2018, 11:12 PM)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2018, 11:09 PM)DRUMZ Wrote: [ -> ]

Drinks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacky_Packages

yup....
That be them!
(08-21-2018, 11:07 PM)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2018, 11:05 PM)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]

Drinks

They were the Shit!

We used to trade wacky packs for penthouse and hustler mags, behind my friends garage.

What were "wacky packs"? What kind of thing are they that you can easily trade those for pussy magazines?
some how or another we got a hold of that first Hustler monster fold out.... about 1976 I think...rem it?

first time I ever.....saw that....

had that in the old fort... in the back yard
Pages: 1 2