The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: FBI Warns of ‘Unlimited’ ATM Cashout Blitz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is warning banks that cybercriminals are preparing to carry out a highly choreographed, global fraud scheme known as an “ATM cash-out,” in which crooks hack a bank or payment card processor and use cloned cards at cash machines around the world to fraudulently withdraw millions of dollars in just a few hours.

“The FBI has obtained unspecified reporting indicating cyber criminals are planning to conduct a global Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cash-out scheme in the coming days, likely associated with an unknown card issuer breach and commonly referred to as an ‘unlimited operation’,” reads a confidential alert the FBI shared with banks privately on Friday.

The FBI said unlimited operations compromise a financial institution or payment card processor with malware to access bank customer card information and exploit network access, enabling large scale theft of funds from ATMs.

“Historic compromises have included small-to-medium size financial institutions, likely due to less robust implementation of cyber security controls, budgets, or third-party vendor vulnerabilities,” the alert continues. “The FBI expects the ubiquity of this activity to continue or possibly increase in the near future.”

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/08/fbi-...out-blitz/
Yeah, it will probably be Strozak behind the ATM heist. I hear he needs money...Yeah
Sounds like another adorable and precious false flag to push biometric cashless agenda.
this could be part of the FF....
closing down ATMs for 10 days or something would cause just such a run... and panic of banks too...
Hackers Steal $13 Million from Bank ATMs in 28 Countries

Just days after an FBI warning of the prospect of a worldwide mass hacking plot that could have millions withdrawn from bank accounts, Hackers managed to steal $13 million from ATMs across 28 countries.

The cybercriminals infected cash machines of India-based Cosmos Bank with malware, which allowed them to approve transactions and access client accounts, reports Yahoo News. Fake credit cards were used to drain the cash from the machines.

In a confidential alert issued last Friday, the FBI had warned American banks of an imminent “cashout” attack on cashpoints around the globe.

The agency was concerned of a highly choreographed fraud scheme known as an ATM “jackpotting,” essentially describing exactly what had happened to the ATMs of Cosmos Bank.

Roughly 12,000 transactions were made during the hack attack between 11 August and 13 August, according to Cosmos Bank chairman Milind Kale.

“In two days, hackers withdrew a total 780 million rupees ($11.1m) from various ATMs in 28 countries, including Canada, Hong Kong and a few ATMs in India, and another 25 million rupees ($356,000) were taken out within India,” Kale said.

https://www.activistpost.com/2018/08/hac...tries.html
Yeah well, too fuckin bad for the banks, isn't it? I feel nothing for them. They rape the public everyday. I wish I knew how to empty an ATM...

William Devane

[Image: william-devane-640x360.jpg]

That's why I buy gold and silver coins and store them in my arse. Good luck hacking that. My cheeks haven't been cracked since my nanny caught me with my hand in the cookie jar.
Yeah, the FBI is all worried about the banks. Meanwhile, the FBI tried to initiate a coup to take down our President. Fuck the FBI and their bankster masters.
Part of the "Game Theory" of economics is the idea that the relationship between company profit and labor will always seek equilibrium. If the workers harm the employer profit, they are punished or fired; and if the employer treats the workers poorly, they will leave or seek retribution.

Why do you call a bank and hear people in Asia in busy cramped call centers? Because it's cheap. The banking people have mansions in the Hamptons, and the workers live in the slums of India. In the old days, the bank owners felt pretty comfortable in knowing that the workers could not form a substantial revolt; and have somehow forgotten that the same people who wrote the computer codes can also use them.
That's the silver lining of the broke cloud.

They'd get $30.

Chuckle
Pages: 1 2