The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Monsanto Ordered to Pay $289,000,000 After Jury Finds Roundup Caused Man’s Cancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A San Francisco Jury awarded $289 million in damages to a former school groundskeeper, Dewayne Johnson, who said Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller gave him terminal cancer. The award consists of $40 million in compensatory damages and $250 million in punitive damages.

Johnson’s trial was fast-tracked due to the severe state of his non-Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph system he says was triggered by Roundup and Ranger Pro, a similar glyphosate herbicide that he applied up to 30 times per year. His doctors didn’t think he’d live to live to see the verdict.

Johnson testified that he had been involved in two accidents during his work in which he was doused with the product, the first of which happened in 2012. Two years later, the 46-year-old father of two was diagnosed with lymphoma — which has covered as much as 80% of his body in lesions.

Monsanto says it will appeal the verdict.

https://theantimedia.com/monsanto-jury-roundup-cancer/

~mc~

good.. assholes!!!

pinned!
I bet he was using other chemicals without PPE and unqualified, this will be turned over unfortunately. When a large swathe of "scientists" can't see the faults in the physics behind AGW what chance does a lay person have in front of a concerted scare effort from activist 'scientists' selling doom?

The uncertainty principle is mind poison.
Most of that money will go to the lawyers.

It is strange that the justice system requires such a rigorous legal procedure over one man's disease. It is a narrow form of justice in this case.

Aside from lawyers, where will that money go? Surely not into sustainable agriculture, but rather back into the current economy which favors the corporate greed and shrewd legal teams.
This is great news. However does it mean they have to stop producing/selling cancer causing roundup? Or was this one of those fucked up lawsuits where they admit no guilt, settle, and continue business as usual?
(08-11-2018, 12:18 AM)Mulciber Wrote: [ -> ]Most of that money will go to the lawyers.

It is strange that the justice system requires such a rigorous legal procedure over one man's disease. It is a narrow form of justice in this case.

Aside from lawyers, where will that money go? Surely not into sustainable agriculture, but rather back into the current economy which favors the corporate greed and shrewd legal teams.

Whitewashed into the fence, back into the pockets it all came from.
Considering roundup affects everyone, even those that consume organic food, I'd like to know how one person managed to win a lawsuit.

When someone makes coffee so hot, you burn yourself, that's on an individual basis.

If something causes cancer, it doesn't happen to just one person. This doesn't set a precedent. It starts a burial process whereby this guy and his lawyer will make more money off suing Monsanto than the cumulative people to proceed him.

I don't get it. He's not the only person to be affected nor that will be affected. I understand the lawyer probably did what was best, but this really should've been class action that remains open permanently.
So the court put a price on human life...are we all valued at $289,000,000?

Or just this man?

I'm not being flippant, I'm actually wondering if we are all worth this much and if so how can anyone, whose life is cut short by a murderer, not be valued the same?
What about people who have died at the hands of asbestos, lead, agent orange and thousands of other cancer causing poisons? Many of those people were exposed on the job as well.

Shouldn't money also go to others affected by roundup? If the jury actually proved round up did this, everyone who has used it should be compensated and the company shut down.

$289,000,000 is the value of one man whose job was to work with a poison that he knew was poison...so what does this mean for the thousands of products, that millions of people use every day, that are also clearly marked poison or harmful?

With this ruling we can sink Dow chemical, proctor and gamble, and DuPont as well.
(08-10-2018, 08:10 PM)Talon Wrote: [ -> ]A San Francisco Jury awarded $289 million in damages to a former school groundskeeper, Dewayne Johnson, who said Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller gave him terminal cancer. The award consists of $40 million in compensatory damages and $250 million in punitive damages.

Johnson’s trial was fast-tracked due to the severe state of his non-Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph system he says was triggered by Roundup and Ranger Pro, a similar glyphosate herbicide that he applied up to 30 times per year. His doctors didn’t think he’d live to live to see the verdict.

Johnson testified that he had been involved in two accidents during his work in which he was doused with the product, the first of which happened in 2012. Two years later, the 46-year-old father of two was diagnosed with lymphoma — which has covered as much as 80% of his body in lesions.

Monsanto says it will appeal the verdict.

https://theantimedia.com/monsanto-jury-roundup-cancer/

Yep

I once knew a beautiful woman that worked in the marketing dept of Fisons - she passed over due to cancer ! She was so beautiful inside and out and her husband never got over it!
Pages: 1 2