The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Feature request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm at the library and don't have storage for uploading pictures, so I have been embedding URL's with [img][/img]

I'm concerned that later on down the road my posts won't make sense without the pictures if the links go bad.

Could you add an upload URL option to your picture feature like we had at LOP for awhile?

So that your server stores the pics.

I think D ran out of storage pretty quick which is why he disabled that, but some of my funniest stuff got ruined when the pics were lost.

Also, if you can do it from URL, I recommend the feature also posts the url.

Google images is totally messed up now because they make you go to the website where they STOLE the image instead of letting you RESTEAL it from them.

Chuckle

Point is, they see the writing on the wall regarding IP, and made that change to cover their own asses. It'd be a smart CYA move to put the link under the pic.

That's my best effort hungover...if it's jibberish complain and I'll try to explain better.

Chuckle
(08-09-2018, 12:14 PM)Luvapottamus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm at the library and don't have storage for uploading pictures, so I have been embedding URL's with

I'm concerned that later on down the road my posts won't make sense without the pictures if the links go bad.

Could you add an upload URL option to your picture feature like we had at LOP for awhile?

I think D ran out of storage pretty quick which is why he disabled that, but some of my funniest stuff got ruined when the pics were lost.

Google images is totally messed up now because they make you go to the website where they STOLE the image instead of letting you RESTEAL it from them.

Chuckle

Point is, they see the writing on the wall regarding IP, and made that change to cover their own asses. It'd be a smart CYA move to put the link under the pic.

That's my best effort hungover...if it's jibberish complain and I'll try to explain better.

Chuckle

You could screen capture..maybe?
Scratchinghead
(08-09-2018, 12:22 PM)Mmmkay Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2018, 12:14 PM)Luvapottamus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm at the library and don't have storage for uploading pictures, so I have been embedding URL's with

Chuckle

Chuckle

You could screen capture..maybe?
Scratchinghead

I'm just wanting to post images from URL's.

I can use imgur.com I guess, but it's sort of the same issue.

Sometimes url based images don't display.

And later down the road if somebody wants to look at an old thread there's a chance links will be broken.

Not a big deal, but here's an example, over at lop, I did a satire of Sheriff Arpaio and the "cold case posse" entitled:

"Cold case posse located Obama's real birth mother."

It was a bullshit thread claiming he has two fathers, and his real MOM was in fact the actress Rebecca Pidgeon.

[Image: anndunhamuhicrop2.jpg?w=287&zoom=2]

Obama's hoax mom, Stanley Ann Dunham;

Obama's REAL mom:

I was just joking around but actually trolled up some liberals who wanted to argue about it.

Chuckle

A year later the photos were gone, and the thread wasn't as funny.