The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Federal marijuana legalization bill introduced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Federal marijuana legalization bill introduced

Updated: Jun 27, 2018 2:37 PM CDT

(WAND) – A bill to federally legalize marijuana has backing from an Illinois lawmaker and others.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D) joined Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) in backing what’s called the Marijuana Freedom and Opportunity Act. It would remove marijuana from the federal scheduled substances list (U.S. Controlled Substances Act of 1970) and keep other protections intact.

Under the bill, states would still be able to choose how to handle the drug. Federal investigators would keep the authority to stop trafficking to states where marijuana remains illegal...

http://www.wandtv.com/story/38523347/fed...introduced
(06-30-2018, 03:12 PM)Luvapottamus Wrote: [ -> ]Federal marijuana legalization bill introduced

(WAND) – A bill to federally legalize marijuana has backing from an Illinois lawmaker and others.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D) joined Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) in backing what’s called the Marijuana Freedom and Opportunity Act. It would remove marijuana from the federal scheduled substances list (U.S. Controlled Substances Act of 1970) and keep other protections intact.

Under the bill, states would still be able to choose how to handle the drug. Federal investigators would keep the authority to stop trafficking to states where marijuana remains illegal...

Too bad the dims fielded the bill. Buying votes!
I don't think it will matter to people with safety sensitive jobs and it's no doubt a gun grab
Support : [Image: tac-logo-231.png]

Status Report: Seventeen States Flat-Out Ignoring Federal Hemp Laws and Markets Are Thriving

> Even with the liberalization of the law in 2014, the federal government still prohibits industrial hemp production for commercial purposes. But this hasn’t stopped more than a dozen states from developing commercial hemp markets anyway. They’ve simply ignored the federal laws, nullifying prohibition in effect within their borders.

Seventeen states specifically authorize and license commercial hemp production despite federal prohibition, and many other states allow commercial cultivation despite paying lip-service to federal law. <

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2018/06...-thriving/

I'm from Illinois and I am hoping this will pass. Spark em up if you got em. Chuckle
(06-30-2018, 03:22 PM)bigD111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2018, 03:12 PM)Luvapottamus Wrote: [ -> ]Federal marijuana legalization bill introduced

Too bad the dims fielded the bill.  Buying votes!

Too bad republicans didn't.

I thought you were the states rights people?

Chuckle
Much better than a bump. V6sRZf4

(06-30-2018, 03:36 PM)Luvapottamus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2018, 03:22 PM)bigD111 Wrote: [ -> ]

Too bad the dims fielded the bill.  Buying votes!

Too bad republicans didn't.

I thought you were the states rights people?

Chuckle

Except when it comes to weed. Republicans are usually utterly irrational about that wonderful little plant.
Should simply be deregulated and be done with it .

Bump