The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: To tip or not to tip... That is the question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mearek

The food was great, the drinks were overpriced . No problem..

But if I have to wait for over 25 minutes for a drink.. walk up to the bar for a refill.. someone is not doing their job..

To tip or not to tip (I usually tip well, but I hate lazy)
I hate the notion of forced tipping

Although I comply
(06-29-2018, 10:10 PM)Mearek Wrote: [ -> ]The food was great, the drinks were overpriced . No problem..

But if I have to wait for over 25 minutes for a drink.. walk up to the bar for a refill.. someone is not doing their job..

I've waited many a table but never worked anywhere that a customer had to wait 25 minutes for a drink. Were they understaffed for a dinner rush?
Even then, your water should have told you that your wait time might be longer because of understaffing,giving you th option to go elsewhere.
I'd have to think about that one.
Then again,having been a waitress,I tend to hold them to a high standard.

You should have given them the tip.
Don't make the customer do your damn job.

Give them an oral....No need for cash.

Yes, I did...
(06-29-2018, 10:15 PM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]I hate the notion of forced tipping

Although I comply

I don't go anywhere where I am forced to tip. I prefer to decide for myself. If a company insists their staff regardless of service, you eventually get lazy and sloppy wait staff.

Road Glide

(06-29-2018, 10:10 PM)Mearek Wrote: [ -> ]The food was great, the drinks were overpriced . No problem..

If I'm out having dinner and drinking and I tell the waiter keep the drinks flowing until I say I'm done and I have to sit there with an empty glass, they get a minimum tip.

A good waiter will make sure a fresh drink is on my table before I'm finished with the previous one they brought me.

10% tip if you have to wait on your drinks, less if you have to get up and go to the bar yourself to get a refill.
No tipping required in Australia. People get paid properly. In a really expensive restaurant you would tip.

Everyone expects a tip in the usa. Its an eye opener..

Mearek

(06-29-2018, 10:20 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2018, 10:15 PM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]I hate the notion of forced tipping

Although I comply

I don't go anywhere where I am forced to tip. I prefer to decide for myself. If a company insists their staff regardless of service, you eventually get lazy and sloppy wait staff.

That's what I'm seeing here.

I'd preffer to tip the cook, cause the food was great.

My waitress was none existent.

Road Glide

(06-29-2018, 10:28 PM)ElectricBlue Wrote: [ -> ]No tipping required in Australia. People get paid properly. In a really expensive restaurant you would tip.

Everyone expects a tip in the usa. Its an eye opener..

Yeah they do and it gets old. I have started avoiding eating at places where a tip is expected.

It's a way for employers to pay employees less because they get tips.

I have friends who wait tables and it's not their fault it's the business owners fault. They get paid below minimum wage and use tips to make up the difference.

Would rather the businesses increase the prices and pay the wait staff more money than rely on customers generosity to make up the difference with tips.

On the other hand though, tips encourage the employees to provide better service so they get a decent tip. The dick head in me says you should be providing quality service anyway. If you can't do that with what you are being paid without tips, you need to find another job.
(06-29-2018, 10:33 PM)Mearek Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2018, 10:20 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]

Although I comply

That's what I'm seeing here.

I'd preffer to tip the cook, cause the food was great.

My waitress was none existent.

Martini & Cigar Tip:
Ask the or a waiter to speak with the chef, insist on it. When chef comes to your table let him/her know what an awesome meal they cooked for you but service stunk. Let chef know you will be leaving a tip regardless and thank her/him again.

I guarantee this wont happen again to you or other patrons for atleast a while.
If this was a chain restaurant then chef's really don't have a lot of power but a private restaurant and it goes very well.
Pages: 1 2