The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Gonna Use Myself as An example of “civility”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I know, I know, what an asshole to boast about something as simple as being civil. Or is it really that simple? In all my years on the net, I like to believe I have grown. I can go far back as to GLP days and see that I was totally “green” when it came to understanding what proper discourse was in terms of discussing hotbed issues. when I ended up at the other “splinters” I still had a ways to go. I was a troll. Just a kid with waaay too much time on my hands. Those who I have debated with in the past know my tactics were far from proper. I remember constantly butting heads with quite a few of you now here at the fringe! Anon

So what changed? Maybe it was moving out and creating a proper life for myself. I guess as I matured in life, in some ways I matured on the net as well. I have many disagreements with people from all sides of the political spectrum, but I can now maintain a proper discussion about a topic, regardless if those involved agree or not. I have friends on the far left AND on the far right. I am treated with nothing but love and respect from both. I ask myself, how? In this day and age, how can I be able to talk politics in such a climate like this, disagree with someone, and not have them abandon their acquaintance with me altogether. It’s simple: I stay fair and rational.

I listen to their arguments, I politely add facts to their statements if they are missing, and in the end we always agree that whatever differences we have, it’s our right to believe what we feel is right in the end. I know this is an exception to the rule, as most discussions on the net are impossible to have due to our imposed biases on topics, but if there is one thing I wished was more prevalent, it would be the ability to stay rational. Some topics are easily made to invoke our emotions, and I totally get that. I know how hard it is to respect people who are quick to ostracize simply based on things like party, religion, etc. I have been one to prod based on those types of things so I guess I can say I am speaking from past experience. However, it’s not just about “civility”. It’s about rationality, and the ability to avoid making hotbed issues emotional. There’s can be no room for discussion if we keep our minds closed. The only way we will ever bring the country back together is with rational, civil, and logical discussion.
Heartflowers
Holy crap what an honor! Two pins in one day, and one purely opinion based!

I love you guys!
Party
Quote:The only way we will ever bring the country back together is with rational, civil, and logical discussion.

It's a decent sentiment and one we try for over here. The problem arises when the the person you are 'debating' doesn't share those ideals and is plain out wrong but won't admit it.

I remember all to well the days at other sites. Years of continually proving someone's position was a fugly house of lies faulty only to have that person dump the same disinfo on the forum a week later as if the conversation never happened.

How do you maintain a civil demeanor in the face of paid stooges blatantly trolling everyone with false information and propaganda? Years and dozens of them doing so with the owner of the site's permission?

There comes a time when civil discourse is not possible because the person you are talking to doesn't want to have a polite conversation about a topic. They want to kick your teeth in with their lies until you give up and swallow that stupidity or just walk away because you've been worn slick.

We've been dealing with that on an industrial scale for years. *Cough*Shareblue*Cough*
Whatever happened to the old rule.

"Never discuss Religion or Politics?"
(06-26-2018, 12:32 PM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The only way we will ever bring the country back together is with rational, civil, and logical discussion.

It's a decent sentiment and one we try for over here. The problem arises when the the person you are 'debating' doesn't share those ideals and is plain out wrong but won't admit it.

I remember all to well the days at other sites. Years of continually proving someone's position was a fugly house of lies faulty only to have that person dump the same disinfo on the forum a week later as if the conversation never happened.

How do you maintain a civil demeanor in the face of paid stooges blatantly trolling everyone with false information and propaganda? Years and dozens of them doing so with the owner of the site's permission?

There comes a time when civil discourse is not possible because the person you are talking to doesn't want to have a polite conversation about a topic. They want to kick your teeth in with their lies until you give up and swallow that stupidity or just walk away because you've been worn slick.

We've been dealing with that on an industrial scale for years. *Cough*Shareblue*Cough*

I totally understand that. That’s why in my thread about my talk with my left leaning friend about the border issue I brought up their double standards. It’s the irrationality and illogical thought process that divides most opinions.
It is hard to be civil when our own FBI agents, DOJ agents, CIA agents, David Brock's Control the Record troll farm, Cass Sunsteins ex-con trolls Hollywood and even the media are against us.

I can't tell you how strange it was for me to say that our only friends were the NSA...imagine that. I never would have.

After learning all of the players in this corrupt play, and their nefarious intentions, that were involved in the past 10 years on the internet, I now understand why the internet went to crap. I have spent the past 7 years trying to educate people on the internet.

Starting with Obamacare and it's true purpose. ..and now on the manufactured fires that the MSM sets daily so we focus on putting them out instead of focusing on the real issue.

It's a never ending stream of insidious crap...and if something doesn't give soon...I fear my hip waiters won't last much longer.

But I can be civil. I will listen to all sides of the story...I will even try and see it from others peoples perspective. I even admit to my mistakes.
I don't have a problem with being human to other humans at all, even the mean ones.

The thing is some internet trolls are not human...they're algorithms. AKA Bots.
(06-26-2018, 12:48 PM)Rager Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2018, 12:32 PM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ]

I totally understand that. That’s why in my thread about my talk with my left leaning friend about the border issue I brought up their double standards. It’s th irrationality and illogical thought process that divides most opinions.

Most of their so called 'opinions' is weaponized propaganda straight out of the sewer that David Brock calls a mind. Find something that a 'conservative' (IE not a far left progressive) talks about and twist until it's a hate filled caricature of what it was meant to be. That or lie their ass off about it.

You have to use those ISM and IST cards or they don't stifle the conversations.

I'm at the point where I figure if I had wanted to babysit Special Needs kids, I would have stayed a Special Education instructor.
Take Maxine Waters as an example of how the far left react to most of these hot bed issues. No rationality. Rather than choose to discuss why there is such hostility, they choose to PUSH the hostility. The best way to combat that is to continue to let that mindset eat itself alive. Use the “they go low, we go high” mentality against them.
This is a video that Catch shared on the Q thread...I think more people should watch it. It explains everything that has been happening since the crime cartel took over the government over 40 years ago:

https://youtu.be/6cYZ8dUgPuU

This is why the internet is hostile...there are factions at play right now. The world is getting ready to shake off a bunch of corrupt bastards.
(06-26-2018, 12:24 PM)Rager Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap what an honor! Two pins in one day, and one purely opinion based!

I love you guys!
Party

And we love you Kiss You have grown and have become very wise for your years,imo. Yep,I used to read your posts at LoP and think "oh good gravy,another kid that wont think." Proved me wrong and glad to be proved wrong !!
Critical thinking skills aren't taught anymore,by parents or schools. I don't think reading comprehension is stressed either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5