The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Shop At Batteries Plus Bulbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: th?id=OIP.l8PDXbP9TM8I7XZMvLHRXQHaFi&pid...=216&h=162]
These are a National Franchise..
I went in there today (Sunday) thinking my Truck may need a new battery. After putting a tester to it and giving me the cold cranking amps (655 out of 800) number and the volts 12.6. They said their machine suggested i needed a new battery. My only thought was it was over 3 years old.

The salesman said a New 4 year battery was $220  
Scream1  Scream1  Scream1
Plus Tax..I wonder if there was an install fee??  Lmao  Lmao

I asked if it ever goes on sale and the one salesman said yes..errr. i am not sure... no all in the same run on sentence..
told him I could pick one up at Costco for a lot less and he suggested I go there..

So long story short I took My Interstate Battery back to Costco..A new one for My Truck was $85.00..Since I originally purchased my last Interstate battery there they gave me a refund. of $110.00 . So I got a new battery for my truck and had an extra $25.00 in my wallet..

Moral of the story ..watch out for  [Image: Batteries-Plus-Bulbs-CMYK(2).png]

unless you want "Big Papped"...
I hope they don’t come to Australia.. bastards!
(06-17-2018, 07:49 PM)JF Priest Wrote: [ -> ][Image: th?id=OIP.l8PDXbP9TM8I7XZMvLHRXQHaFi&pid...=216&h=162]
I went in there today (Sunday) thinking my Truck may need a new battery. After putting a tester to it and giving me the cold cranking amps (655 out of 800) number and the volts 12.6. They said their machine suggested i needed a new battery. My only thought was it was over 3 years old.

I asked if it ever goes on sale and the one salesman said yes..errr. i am not sure... no all in the same run on sentence..
told him I could pick one up at Costco for a lot less and he suggested I go there..

So long story short I took My Interstate Battery back to Costco..A new one for My Truck was $85.00..Since I originally purchased my last Interstate battery there they gave me a refund. of $110.00 . So I got a new battery for my truck and had an extra $25.00 in my wallet..

Good thing you were not trying to replace Tesla batteries.

(06-17-2018, 07:49 PM)JF Priest Wrote: [ -> ][Image: th?id=OIP.l8PDXbP9TM8I7XZMvLHRXQHaFi&pid...=216&h=162]

Did it have a blue name on the label?
Did it say Exide battery on it?
(06-17-2018, 08:11 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]

Haven't heard of Exide batteries in years. My dad liked to use them in his cars.
(06-17-2018, 08:11 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it said "Die Hard"...
They used to repair phone screens. Maybe still do. I could have almost bought a new phone for what they wanted for the screen
Ever??
There are only 3 or 4 car battery manufactures in the US. If you bought an Interstate battery you bought an Exide unless things have changed over the last 10 years.
(06-17-2018, 08:36 PM)Flyover Country Wrote: [ -> ]They used to repair phone screens. Maybe still do.  I could have almost bought a new phone for what they wanted for the screen

many years ago i had an old 33" walk behind mower.. It took a special battery to start it and it was a pain in the ass to change out.. I went to Batteries Plus (same store different name back then) and the guy put a new one in and it was pouring rain.. He said no charge.. I tipped him a $20 and said thanks.. They now charge for installations which used to be free.. Oh and since they are still selling Sears brands.. I give them 3 years tops and they are done..
Pages: 1 2 3