The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Any Genealogy Buffs Here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been researching for about 20 years.  I love the stories of my ancestors and seeing how they intertwined with history (big history buff too).

I recently came across the story of how my great great grandmother died.  Now, my grandmother would always say "kids will be the death of ya".  I took it that the usual worry, stress, and heartache was what she was talking about.  NOPE!  She was serious.   Chuckle  

Aunt Maggie, and two of their children, were killed one
summer and several others were injured. She was sitting under a tree mending, and two of the
boys found a bomb left over from the Civil war, that looked like a teakettle. So they hit it with an
ax and it exploded, killing her and two of the children.  One of the boys, Bill had his arm torn
off.

Her grandmother was killed by her children.

My great grandfather was a baby at the time, tended to by his sister in the house...thankfully.

I would enjoy hearing some of yours if you'd like to share.  I also have many more...
(06-03-2018, 11:33 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]I've been researching for about 20 years.  I love the stories of my ancestors and seeing how they intertwined with history (big history buff too).

I recently came across the story of how my great great grandmother died.  Now, my grandmother would always say "kids will be the death of ya".  I took it that the usual worry, stress, and heartache was what she was talking about.  NOPE!  She was serious.   Chuckle  

summer and several others were injured. She was sitting under a tree mending, and two of the
boys found a bomb left over from the Civil war, that looked like a teakettle. So they hit it with an
ax and it exploded, killing her and two of the children.  One of the boys, Bill had his arm torn
off.

My great grandfather was a baby at the time, tended to by his sister in the house...thankfully.

I would enjoy hearing some of yours if you'd like to share.  I also have many more...

Kids blow up so fast these days.
(06-03-2018, 11:50 PM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2018, 11:33 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]I've been researching for about 20 years.  I love the stories of my ancestors and seeing how they intertwined with history (big history buff too).

off.

Kids blow up so fast these days.

Lmao
The biggest thing I ever dug up was on my husband's favorite grandpa.  The grandpa who took him fishing, camping, and was looked upon just shy of God.  Yeeeeah, I found some old newspaper headlines.  He was convicted of and served time for 2nd degree murder.  I guess that was something that never came up at the family gatherings.   Chuckle  

My husband damn near shit himself when I showed him the articles.  I'll never forget the look on his face.   Lmao
(06-04-2018, 12:15 AM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest thing I ever dug up was on my husband's favorite grandpa.  The grandpa who took him fishing, camping, and was looked upon just shy of God.  Yeeeeah, I found some old newspaper headlines.  He was convicted of and served time for 2nd degree murder.  I guess that was something that never came up at the family gatherings.   Chuckle  

My husband damn near shit himself when I showed him the articles.  I'll never forget the look on his face.   Lmao

Maybe the one he got needed killin'.
(06-04-2018, 02:16 AM)Cid Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2018, 12:15 AM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest thing I ever dug up was on my husband's favorite grandpa.  The grandpa who took him fishing, camping, and was looked upon just shy of God.  Yeeeeah, I found some old newspaper headlines.  He was convicted of and served time for 2nd degree murder.  I guess that was something that never came up at the family gatherings.   Chuckle  

Yeah, it was a card game gone bad. Grandpa was just a few months out of WWII and dude cheated him. So, he went to get his money back. Beat the hell out of him and took his money. He just beat the hell out of him a little too much. Didn't mean to kill the cheat...but did.
(06-04-2018, 02:22 AM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2018, 02:16 AM)Cid Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, it was a card game gone bad.  Grandpa was just a few months out of WWII and dude cheated him.  So, he went to get his money back.  Beat the hell out of him and took his money.  He just beat the hell out of him a little too much.  Didn't mean to kill the cheat...but did.

Card cheat?
Yes, they usually deserve what they get.
I've thought about it. But I'm kind of scared to do it. My mom had me in high school, don't look anything like suspect dad, ancestors were orphans.

I kind of treasure what I think I know.

I do know this I have relatives in a rich part of sactown that disowned my grandfather who died when I was in diapers. They are really really rich and he was a black sheep and a cop.

My supposed dad side has all state athletes and some academics. My grams & mom side are all pretty much in the ghetto.

But I'm afraid to know the truth.
I'm intrigued by it but have never made an effort to check anything out.

My mom was adopted, my dad was adopted, so it might be difficult to get the info I need to dig further. I only know what I've been told but it isn't much to go on.

Yeah, it would have made for awkward holiday dinners. Hiding3
Pages: 1 2