The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: What sort of sick mind came up with this Premise for a Kids movie??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I started reading this article, fully expecting some sort of feigned outrage over nothing. But after reading what the premise is.... This is freaking disturbing. I understand its Dogs... but in a movie like this when the animals talk and have human personalities... it's sick

MOM BLOGS ARE URGING PARENTS TO NOT TAKE CHILDREN TO THIS MOVIE

https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article/ent.../556867737

The premise is explained by the parent as follows:

“The premise is great for a kids movie. Max is a talking police dog (voiced by Ludacris) who is paired up with a human partner, Frank (Will Arnett) to infiltrate a prestigious dog show and rescue a kidnapped baby panda. Being a tough dog from New York, Max has no business competing in a dog show but uses his street smarts to outperform the competition to get closer to the inner circle of kidnappers. Along the way, Max learns lessons about trust and the need to accept help from others. The usual hilarity ensues with dog farts, bites on the rear-end, and slap-stick bonks to the head which elicit giggles from the audience."

The film later reveals that in order for Max to pursue his mission to the best of his abilities, he must allow for people to inspect and touch his private parts.

HUH?!

Max is not comfortable with this and his partner Frank, a former champion, tried to get him to accept that having your private parts inspected and touched is normal.

The blog explains that this is a dark, dangerous theme for kids to be exposed to at the movies.

But then it gets even more uncomfortable, according to Macaroni Kid.

“Since the inspection of the private parts will happen in the finals, Frank touches Max’s private parts to get him use to it. Of course, Max doesn’t like it and snaps at Frank for him to stop. Max is then told by the former champion, who has been through the process before, that he needs to go to his “zen place” while it happens so he can get through it. More attempts are made by Frank to touch Max’s private parts, but Max is still having trouble letting it happen and keeps snapping at him.”

Eventually, in the film’s finale, Max ultimately lets a judge touch his private parts and he goes to his “zen place,” and the movie seems to imply that the film is making the experience appear to be a good thing with fireworks, flowers and more.

WHAT?!

The blogger for Macaroni Kid said she saw the movie with her kids, her husband and her mother. All the adults picked up on the uncomfortable “private parts” plot line and said they would not recommend parents take their children to see the film because of it.

“Show Dogs,” rated PG, stars Will Arnett, Alan Cumming, Natasha Lyonne, Stanley Tucci, and many more. The film hit theaters on Friday and currently has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 26 percent.

WHAT THE F*CK????
Scream1
Trying to clean up this botched paste job but phone is not cooperating :( sorry
Totally disgusting.
Really unbelievable..

Its not an over reaction at all. Who wrote it?
That is just insanely evil. I am simply appalled by this. I think we should make this go viral. This war on children is so out of control. We gotta rein these cretins in and cage 'em for life
(05-22-2018, 01:27 AM)Sassy Fringette Wrote: [ -> ]Totally disgusting.

Right? I was questioning if Im being overly sensitive about it because I used to work with kids who have been abused?

I mean... It HAS to have been made to be intentionally disgusting.

There is no way the writer didnt see how totally screwed up this storyline is? There is no way the actors didnt see it either?

1dunno1
PPR
(05-22-2018, 01:42 AM)Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Really unbelievable..

Writers: Max Botkin, Marc Hyman

Release date: May 18, 2018 (USA)
Director: Raja Gosnell
Production company: FilmNation Entertainment
Distributed by: Global Road Entertainment
Producers: Deepak Nayar, Philip von Alvensleben
(05-22-2018, 01:47 AM)Elizabeth Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2018, 01:42 AM)Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Really unbelievable..

Writers: Max Botkin, Marc Hyman

Release date: May 18, 2018 (USA)
Director: Raja Gosnell
Production company: FilmNation Entertainment
Distributed by: Global Road Entertainment
Producers: Deepak Nayar, Philip von Alvensleben

This was a great find. Thanks for posting it.

That's disturbing.

I'll stick with the Trolls movie and Shimmer and Shine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5