The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Hardening schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's my idea and it's more cost-effective than others .

Entire campus fenced in, one entry point with metal detectors  and at least two arm guards .  All other entry/exit points of the school should have laminated glass in their doors and be equipped with mag locks  ( magnetic locks).  The exterior doors would be able to be opened  from a central location. like the principals office for fire or other emergencies like a school shooter.

( One way in one way out )

Teachers that want to should be allowed to be armed. After thorough training in safety, marksmanship, urban clearing and room to room clearing.  I heard a figure that that is about 130 hours of instruction .

Just  thinking out loud but I like these variables .

Watchful

(05-20-2018, 01:35 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my idea and it's more cost-effective than others .

Entire campus fenced in, one entry point with metal detectors  and at least two arm guards .  All other entry/exit points of the school should have laminated glass in their doors and be equipped with mag locks  ( magnetic locks).  The exterior doors should be able to be opened  from a central  location like the principals office for fire or other emergencies like a school shooter.

Teachers that want to should be allowed to be armed. After thorough training in safety, marksmanship, urban clearing and room to room clearing.  I heard a figure that that is about 130 hours of instruction .

Just  thanking out loud but I like these variables .

With you FD, I am never really sure if you are taking the piss.

If you are, then well done.

It does sound a bit like a prison.

Like the opposite of aversion therapy.
(05-20-2018, 02:06 PM)Watchful Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 01:35 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my idea and it's more cost-effective than others .

Entire campus fenced in, one entry point with metal detectors  and at least two arm guards .  All other entry/exit points of the school should have laminated glass in their doors and be equipped with mag locks  ( magnetic locks).  The exterior doors should be able to be opened  from a central  location like the principals office for fire or other emergencies like a school shooter.

I would rather have it look like a prison than a slaughterhouse .
regardless of how many exist points there should be an armed guard at or guards at the entrance and at exists and there should be metal detectors. If the school had that, then the shooting wouldn't have happened. The Liberal way of dealing with this problem wont fix a darn thing. Banning this, banning that and so on.

Watchful

(05-20-2018, 02:10 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:06 PM)Watchful Wrote: [ -> ]

Well thanks for the literal laughing out loud.

I really can't decide if I would want you as my boss or not...

Watchful

(05-20-2018, 02:11 PM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]regardless of how many exist points there should be an armed guard at  or guards at the entrance and at exists and there should be metal detectors. If the school had that, then the shooting wouldn't have happened. The Liberal way of dealing with this problem wont fix a darn thing. Banning this, banning that and so on.

It is really bizarre from a European point of view, to see how these 'solutions' are being proposed.

Tool up.

Problem , reaction, solution.
(05-20-2018, 02:11 PM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]regardless of how many exist points there should be an armed guard at  or guards at the entrance and at exists and there should be metal detectors. If the school had that, then the shooting wouldn't have happened. The Liberal way of dealing with this problem wont fix a darn thing. Banning this, banning that and so on.

I was just looking for ways to keep the cost down. If it cost 300,000 a year versus 1 million a year. More communities might go for it .

By the way where have you been ?
(05-20-2018, 02:15 PM)Watchful Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:10 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:06 PM)Watchful Wrote: [ -> ]With you FD, I am never really sure if you are taking the piss.

Actually I was a pretty good boss. Instead of sitting in the office I was out there with the guys .
(05-20-2018, 02:37 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:15 PM)Watchful Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:10 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather have it look like a prison than a slaughterhouse .

Actually I was a pretty good boss. Instead of sitting in the office I was out there with the guys .

That's the best kind of boss.
(05-20-2018, 02:40 PM)Sassy Fringette Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:37 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2018, 02:15 PM)Watchful Wrote: [ -> ]Well thanks for the literal laughing out loud.

That's the best kind of boss.

It's the only way to really know what's going on . I would hit all the jobs, and in the summer I showed up with cold drinks in the winter I showed up with coffee .
Pages: 1 2 3