The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Splinter thread. How do you like your steak ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
My favorite is a inch and a half ribeye .  Kissed by flame on both sides just warmed enough to bring the center up to 160° .

Every now and then I like hot horseradish sauce to dip it in.  But for the most part I relish the mixture of meat and fat. The fat content gives it so much more flavor .
(05-16-2018, 04:16 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite is a inch and a half ribeye .  Kissed by flame on both sides just warmed enough to bring the center up to 160° .

Every now and then I like hot horseradish sauce to dip it in.  But for the most part I relish the mixture of meat and fat in it. The fat content gives it so much more flavor .

I like mine grilled half way between medium-rare and medium with just a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper on it. Serve it up with grilled onion and mushroom. Throw in a big baked potato smothered with everything and some grilled asparagus or maybe corn on the cob.

Now that's a meal.
Porterhouse medium rare is the only way to go for me if I'm not bumming it Chuckle

Road Glide

(05-16-2018, 04:16 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite is a inch and a half ribeye .  Kissed by flame on both sides just warmed enough to bring the center up to 160° .

Every now and then I like hot horseradish sauce to dip it in.  But for the most part I relish the mixture of meat and fat in it. The fat content gives it so much more flavor .

I'm a fillet or a nice lean top sirloin person. Preferably cooked on a charcoal grill or char broiler. Well done, no pink in the middle and with a side of A-1 steak sauce to dip it in.
And with baked potato and, preferably, grilled corn on the cob like Arm mentionedYeah3

Love asparagus too :hungryslilie:
(05-16-2018, 04:20 PM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ]

I like mine grilled half way between medium-rare and medium with just a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper on it. Serve it up with grilled onion and mushroom. Throw in a big baked potato smothered with everything and some grilled asparagus or maybe corn on the cob.

Now that's a meal.

My favorite side dishes with steaks are black eyed pea's, my signature potatoes and either corn on the cob or Broccoli in cheese sauce .

T-Dub

Ribeye. Medium to Medium well, horseradish (only thing hot that doesn't kill me). If no horseradish, garlic powder will do in a pinch. Baked potato butter and sour cream until you cant see the potato.

I just can't remember what one tastes like. Chuckle
(05-16-2018, 04:24 PM)Road Glide Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm a fillet or a nice lean top sirloin person.  Preferably cooked on a charcoal grill or char broiler.  Well done, no pink in the middle and with a side of A-1 steak sauce to dip it in.

I will relent on my position on A-1 steak sauce. If you have your steak well done you have to have it or there's hardly a taste .
I do like me a nice medium Ribeye on the grill or cooked in a pan with butter.
Salt/Pepper and half a garlic pan roasting along side it in the butter.

I also like Tenderloin with garlic mash, fresh steamed carrots and a nice wedge salad. YUM!

My husband makes a mean steak, it's to the point where we don't go out much for steak at steak houses, because they are disappointing, BUT a few weeks back we were in Dallas with family and we all went to Dakotas...holy crap their tenderloin was aged 26 days and melted in your mouth like butter.
Absolutely, delicious!

T-Dub

Somebody has to take one for the team and try a dollar tree ribeye. 3.5 ounces of something that resembles ribeye.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15