The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Problems With The Most Recent Chrome Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone else been getting random black boxes flashing across Chrome browser in random places after the last update? If so, have you found a solution?
(05-14-2018, 12:47 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else been getting random black boxes flashing across Chrome browser in random places after the last update? If so, have you found a solution?

A couple weeks back I was getting black boxes on my screen . But I am on safari ?
(05-14-2018, 12:50 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 12:47 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else been getting random black boxes flashing across Chrome browser in random places after the last update? If so, have you found a solution?

A couple weeks back I was getting black boxes on my screen . But I am on safari ?

Well that's weird, you being on Safari and all. I've seen this before in the past but they usually roll out an update to fix it rather quickly 1dunno1
(05-14-2018, 12:54 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 12:50 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]

A couple weeks back I was getting black boxes on my screen .  But I am on safari ?

Well that's weird, you being on Safari and all. I've seen this before in the past but they usually roll out an update to fix it rather quickly 1dunno1

It will be even more interesting if it has affected other browsers .

Been having that problem with Chrome at work, when viewing here. Only thing I know to do is not use Chrome. I don't use it at home and have not had any problems.

~mc~

Someone here posted a thread last week about black boxes all over their screen

I can’t remember who ...

Thinking
(05-14-2018, 12:57 PM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]

Been having that problem with Chrome at work, when viewing here. Only thing I know to do is not use Chrome. I don't use it at home and have not had any problems.

(05-14-2018, 01:00 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Someone here posted a thread last week about black boxes all over their screen

I can’t remember who ...

Thinking

I was worried about having some virus that hasn't been detected yet but since others are having the same issue I'm feeling a little bit better about itYeah
it's the ai taking over. Chuckle
(05-14-2018, 01:06 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 12:57 PM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]

(05-14-2018, 01:00 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Someone here posted a thread last week about black boxes all over their screen

I can’t remember who ...

Thinking

I was worried about having some virus that hasn't been detected yet but since others are having the same issue I'm feeling a little bit better about itYeah

Being computer illiterate I'm not much help in this area. The thread that ~mc~ was talking about did have some info. that might help. Someone mentioned something like it may be caused by under pop-ups, what ever that is. A suggestion was to check your adware settings.
(05-14-2018, 01:12 PM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 01:06 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 12:57 PM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]Been having that problem with Chrome at work, when viewing here. Only thing I know to do is not use Chrome. I don't use it at home and have not had any problems.

I can’t remember who ...

Thinking

Being computer illiterate I'm not much help in this area. The thread that ~mc~ was talking about did have some info. that might help. Someone mentioned something like it may be caused by under pop-ups, what ever that is. A suggestion was to check your adware settings.

I use ublock origins as an adblocker but the boxes were still there after uninstalling the plugin. They're random though, they don't happen all the time and, usually, restarting the browser seems to fix it but only temporarily
Pages: 1 2 3