The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Man Robs 70-Year-Old Woman After Bible Study... video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Man Robs 70-Year-Old Woman After Bible Study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1EbImCYY0I

https://www.weaselzippers.us/384047-man-...ble-study/

A 70-year-old Tennessee woman had just left Bible study Tuesday when a mugger ripped the purse out of her hands, causing her to fall face first onto the asphalt parking lot, according to Nashville police.

The disturbing robbery was captured on surveillance cameras mounted near the Lebanon Road Church of Christ in Lebanon Pike.

Footage shows a silver Dodge 1500 pickup truck pull up to the woman as she walks through the parking lot. The driver, believed to be 48-year-old Gilbert D. Ostring Jr., lured her toward his window with a question about nearby shelters, police said.

Once the victim gets close enough, the video shows the driver grab the purse and accelerate, sending the woman sprawling forward onto the pavement.

“This is something that should never happen, much less to a female senior citizen leaving a church Bible study,” the Metropolitan Nashville Police Dept. said in a statement.

The 70-year-old woman suffered broken bones in her right hand and facial injuries, according to police.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Ostring, who police say is an ex-con with prior convictions for theft, forgery, identity theft, fraudulent use of credit cards, and reckless aggravated assault. He got out of state prison in June 2017.
(05-06-2018, 06:11 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: [ -> ]Man Robs 70-Year-Old Woman After Bible Study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1EbImCYY0I

https://www.weaselzippers.us/384047-man-...ble-study/

A 70-year-old Tennessee woman had just left Bible study Tuesday when a mugger ripped the purse out of her hands, causing her to fall face first onto the asphalt parking lot, according to Nashville police.

The disturbing robbery was captured on surveillance cameras mounted near the Lebanon Road Church of Christ in Lebanon Pike.

Footage shows a silver Dodge 1500 pickup truck pull up to the woman as she walks through the parking lot. The driver, believed to be 48-year-old Gilbert D. Ostring Jr., lured her toward his window with a question about nearby shelters, police said.

Once the victim gets close enough, the video shows the driver grab the purse and accelerate, sending the woman sprawling forward onto the pavement.

“This is something that should never happen, much less to a female senior citizen leaving a church Bible study,” the Metropolitan Nashville Police Dept. said in a statement.

The 70-year-old woman suffered broken bones in her right hand and facial injuries, according to police.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Ostring, who police say is an ex-con with prior convictions for theft, forgery, identity theft, fraudulent use of credit cards, and reckless aggravated assault. He got out of state prison in June 2017.

I don't think Ostrich got the message last incarceration...
wtf. did she have a big amount of money in her purse or why did he rob her?
(05-06-2018, 06:29 PM)flipper666 Wrote: [ -> ]wtf. did she have a big amount of money in her purse or why did he rob her?

I doubt it.

What a bastard.
Seems like armed guards at churches are probably a good idea.

So would be removing their 501©3 statuses.
Bring back chain gangs. That guy needs to be assigned to swamp reclamation for about 15 years.
It's the sentimental stuff... like the one and only picture she had of her parents... she can't get that back. And the piece of mind bible study will cause her stress instead of the joy it once held.
(05-06-2018, 08:12 PM)goddess101 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the sentimental stuff... like the one and only picture she had of her parents... she can't get that back. And the piece of mind bible study will cause her stress instead of the joy it once held.

She hit pretty hard too! That can be serious and traumatic! V6sRZf4
So awful, she wasn't too steady on her feet to begin with. She could easily
have been killed.

It's instinctual to hold onto your possessions in these awful instances. We
hear over and over of people being seriously hurt or killed when a vehicle
is involved i.e. driving off at some point with the victim outside the car.

Just let go! Again it's instinctual so I don't know that we can all count on
doing so were we in the same position. It happens to police too but of course
their situation is a little different since they are in the line of duty.
(05-06-2018, 09:21 PM)Verity Wrote: [ -> ]So awful, she wasn't too steady on her feet to begin with. She could easily
have been killed.

It's instinctual to hold onto your possessions in these awful instances. We
hear over and over of people being seriously hurt or killed when a vehicle
is involved i.e. driving off at some point with the victim outside the car.

Just let go! Again it's instinctual so I don't know that we can all count on
doing so were we in the same position. It happens to police too but of course
their situation is a little different since they are in the line of duty.

Now let's talk about what kind of man would do such a thing? Smileyfud
Pages: 1 2