The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: All my alerts just disappeared...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I keep a tab open to my alerts page.  When I get to it, I note the time (in this case, it was 11:38 pm last night -- a THX/George Lucas reference!), and then I reload, and look for the alert at that time again.

Sometimes I need to go to the second or third page of alerts, and then work my way backwards.  I like to both read any new comments ("quoted by") and also "read to the end" of the thread, so I can catch up on what I've already read.

An aside: is there a way to "go to the last one I've seen" in a thread?  Some are multiple pages, and it gets difficult remembering where I had been.  Often I search for my name, since I tend to "like" most everyone's output here with only a few exceptions (KtC being one, but won't have to worry about that for six months now).

Anyway, when I reloaded this morning, there was only a single alert!

I never clicked the "delete" button, so this is odd to me.  Was there site maintenance or something overnight?

[Image: 2aXqLel.jpg]

Ego? V6sRZf4
(04-30-2018, 10:21 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Ego?  V6sRZf4

Projection?

No, I like to follow a discussion.

(04-30-2018, 10:36 AM)kkkken Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2018, 10:21 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Ego?  V6sRZf4

Projection?

No, I like to follow a discussion.

Ego. Chuckle
(04-30-2018, 10:19 AM)kkkken Wrote: [ -> ]I keep a tab open to my alerts page.  When I get to it, I note the time (in this case, it was 11:38 pm last night -- a THX/George Lucas reference!), and then I reload, and look for the alert at that time again.

Sometimes I need to go to the second or third page of alerts, and then work my way backwards.  I like to both read any new comments ("quoted by") and also "read to the end" of the thread, so I can catch up on what I've already read.

An aside: is there a way to "go to the last one I've seen" in a thread?  Some are multiple pages, and it gets difficult remembering where I had been.  Often I search for my name, since I tend to "like" most everyone's output here with only a few exceptions (KtC being one, but won't have to worry about that for six months now).

I never clicked the "delete" button, so this is odd to me.  Was there site maintenance or something overnight?

If you click on the little green arrow at the left of a thread, it will take you to where you left off the last time you were on that thread.

Heartflowers
Also, you can go to "User CP", then over on the left, you will see where it says "Alerts", and click on Vew Alerts and you will find all your Alerts.
You can delete the ones you have already dealt with, leaving the ones you want to follow up on to view later.

Heartflowers
(04-30-2018, 11:54 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2018, 10:19 AM)kkkken Wrote: [ -> ]I keep a tab open to my alerts page.  When I get to it, I note the time (in this case, it was 11:38 pm last night -- a THX/George Lucas reference!), and then I reload, and look for the alert at that time again.

If you click on the little green arrow at the left of a thread, it will take you to where you left off the last time you were on that thread.

Heartflowers

Awesome thank you!  One of these days I'll read the help... :)
(04-30-2018, 12:00 PM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you can go to "User CP", then over on the left, you will see where it says "Alerts", and click on Vew Alerts and you will find all your Alerts.
You can delete the ones you have already dealt with, leaving the ones you want to follow up on to view later.

Heartflowers

Yes, that's the tab that I keep open so I can check it.  LOL at Guest's projection; I don't do it for ego, I do it so I can continue a discussion.  I love knowing about the green arrow, thanks again!   Heartflowers
(04-30-2018, 12:05 PM)kkkken Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2018, 12:00 PM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you can go to "User CP", then over on the left, you will see where it says "Alerts", and click on Vew Alerts and you will find all your Alerts.

Heartflowers

Yes, that's the tab that I keep open so I can check it.  LOL at Guest's projection; I don't do it for ego, I do it so I can continue a discussion.  I love knowing about the green arrow, thanks again!   Heartflowers

Just ignore Troll2 trolls.
They are only here to annoy us.
As they say, "Don't feed the trolls".
When you reply to them, that is "feeding them".

Hi5
I'm not kidding I lost 10 alerts while viewing this thread. I think you're contagious sweetheart . ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4