The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: How To Make High Calorie Survival Bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's a recipe for some High Calorie Survival Bars that are really quite tasty.

Each 2" x 2" square has roughly:
600 calories
8g of fat
24g of protein
38g carbohydrates.

All in all, if you munch on these while sitting on the couch, you'll gain like 10 lbs a week. These ARE meant to be eaten when you have NO OTHER FOOD. Even though they are tasty, restrain yourself.

You will need:
1 sauce pan or pot
1 timer
1 cookie sheet
1 mixing bow
1 measuring cup (1 cup)
1 mixing spoon

Ingredients:
1 tbsn Flax seed (optional)
1 big handful crushed Frosted Flakes
3 cups Oatmeal
1 cup Protein Powder
2 heaping scoops Peanut Butter (Creamy or Crunchy)
1/2 cup Olive oil (Or virgin/extra virgin olive oil. Regular olive oil does have more carbs)
1 3/4 cups Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Honey
1 handful Peanuts
1 handful Raisins (optional)

Directions
Fill the measuring cup with syrup and pour into the sauce pan. Fill the second one almost all the way to the top and add honey until full. Add to saucepan.
Add 1/2 cup of olive oil to saucepan
Turn saucepan on lowest setting
After mixture is warm (Just a bit more than room temperature), begin stirring slightly for 5-10 seconds every 60 seconds until it is warm enough to melt the peanut butter
Add 2 massive spoonfuls of peanut butter (Continue to stir)
Stir until it feels like very soupy caramel (continue to stir for 5-10 seconds every 60 seconds to keep it from "Crusting" on the top)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine your dry foods
Mix sauce with dry and mix with large spoon
Dump mixture onto hard surface and begin to knead like bread dough
Press into 1 inch deep cookie sheet. Use butter or flour to coat the cookie sheet.
Bake @ 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Storage

Cut into 2 inch x 2 inch squares and place cookie sheet into freezer for about an hour
Place 6 squares each into 3 vacuum seal bags for a total of 18 squares
6 squares = roughly 3 days of food @ 600 calories per square. 2 squares per day = 1200 calories per day. (1200 calories per day is not healthy but will keep you alive in dire situations. If you are planning a camping trip, plan and pack at least 2400 calories per day)
Thanks Mike. You just made me fat.

I'm going to eat them every day.

T-Dub

(04-22-2018, 04:48 PM)Debauchery Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Mike. You just made me fat.

I'm still waiting to get the ingredients for the lard ass peanut butter chocolate delight or whatever it was. No damn chocolate chips!  Chuckle
(04-22-2018, 04:52 PM)T-Dub Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018, 04:48 PM)Debauchery Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Mike. You just made me fat.

I'm still waiting to get the ingredients for the lard ass peanut butter chocolate delight or whatever it was. No damn chocolate chips!  Chuckle

That's what I forgot to buy yesterday, chocolate chips!

Thanks T! Chuckle
Bump
Lembas bread...

Sounds tasty.

After reading this I'm thinking I am getting waayy to many calorie intake from my flax mill usage. :(
I take some coconut oil, raw honey, tahini, ceylon and saigon cinnamon, whip that up, top with a heaping pile of flax mill, add Almond Milk or water stirring up the top layer of flax mill, allow to sit till it soaks up finish mixing it up, add fruit, usually bananas or papya, or blueberries; due to calories I've been using water as opposed to Almond or Cashew or Coconut Milk. But now, I am thinking I've better slow down on the flax mill too!
(04-22-2018, 05:02 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]After reading this I'm thinking I am getting waayy to many calorie intake from my flax mill usage. :(
I take some coconut oil, raw honey, tahini, ceylon and saigon cinnamon, whip that up, top with a heaping pile of flax mill, add Almond Milk or water stirring up the top layer of flax mill, allow to sit till it soaks up finish mixing it up, add fruit, usually bananas or papya, or blueberries; due to calories I've been using water as opposed to Almond or Cashew or Coconut Milk. But now, I am thinking I've better slow down on the flax mill too!

Slow down..... Chuckle

What are you making?

Protein bars?

(04-22-2018, 05:49 PM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018, 05:02 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]After reading this I'm thinking I am getting waayy to many calorie intake from my flax mill usage. :(

Slow down..... Chuckle

What are you making?

Protein bars?

Breakfast. And now! It won't be the same Tissue darn you calories. Darn the most of you.
Unless needed in a survival situation of course. Anon
(04-22-2018, 05:54 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018, 05:49 PM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]

Slow down..... Chuckle

What are you making?

Protein bars?

Breakfast. And now! It won't be the same Tissue darn you calories. Darn the most of you.
Unless needed in a survival situation of course. Anon

Lmao carry on..
Pages: 1 2