The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Oklahoma fires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have been watching and listening to the reports. Have family that it has impacted. 400,000 acres burned. 30,000 estimated livestock dead. this is some real stuff. Not only is "the worst" and a thing that is personal to me, it is some stuff that will have an effect on the already soaring beef prices and on the pork prices. And on poultry and bread....etc. the feed and things that make things have to come from somewhere.
Thought it worthy of a thread as some folks here live in the area and that it will be worth the watch with hoe it impacts things nationally.
(04-19-2018, 08:16 PM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote: [ -> ]Have been watching and listening to the reports.  Have family that it has impacted.  400,000 acres burned.  30,000 estimated livestock dead.  this is some real stuff.  Not only is "the worst"  and a thing that is personal to me, it is some stuff that will have an effect on the already soaring beef prices and on the pork prices.  And on poultry and bread....etc.  the feed and things that make things have to come from somewhere.

I looked on visible satellite today and did not see smoke at all but could clearly see many others all across southern states..
Good luck to you and yours.

~mc~

Be safe @Pure Rock Fury !!

Hugs
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/wild...ed-to-know
"Two of the largest wildfires, known as the “34 Complex” and the “Rhea” megafire, began in western Oklahoma on Tuesday. The Oklahoma fires have been some of the most complicated to tackle because a harsh drought has made the fires burn at rapid speeds, according to the National Weather Service."
More at the link. More with things my family in OK are telling me. Evacuations were in order. Hoping the home is not fully destroyed.
(04-19-2018, 08:23 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Be safe @Pure Rock Fury !!

Hugs

I live in Missouri. HA! (There you go, dataminers) That is stuff I have to see from a distance.

~mc~

(04-19-2018, 08:24 PM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote: [ -> ]

Hugs

I live in Missouri.  HA!  (There you go, dataminers) That is stuff I have to see from a distance.

Since when ?? Always thought you were in OK??

Then I remeber you talking about cold last week.. lol

I’m confused Scratchinghead
(04-19-2018, 08:26 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2018, 08:24 PM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote: [ -> ]

Hugs

I live in Missouri.  HA!  (There you go, dataminers) That is stuff I have to see from a distance.

Since when ?? Always thought you were in OK??

Then I remeber you talking about cold last week.. lol

I’m confused  Scratchinghead

He is honorary honery Okie...

We claim him.
My @ tags aren't working. So will be a prick and not answer individuals. Trying on the new style. (Actually,j ust lazy like that tonight) Cousin west of Enid has been fighting fires that aren't his. That is how okies do it. Again, as the monetary fallout happens...is something to watch. Much stuff happening in OK these days that are relevant, but forgotten with the 24/7 news cycle. That is for a separate thread. I rarely make threads because the topic may be a good one, but I don't present it with pizzazz. Or jazz hands. Or sumpin' May just point to a documentary on the thread about some of that.
I nearly lost my place back in '11 the wind changed and the fire missed me by a bit over 100 yards, fire is a very unpredictable beast once it starts generating it's own winds and weather.

It might be time to look at better ways of managing high risk areas other than the nature is beautiful and looks after itself rubbish coming from environmentalist circles.

We get fined up to $2000 for not having proper firebreaks and managing fuel loads like long grass every year. That said, if you are scared of fire don't live in the woods.