The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Islamic Pakistan has first Transgender News Anchor! What!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Marvia Malik, a journalism graduate and former model told BBC News she was “moved to tears” after finding out she was being offered the anchor position. After training for three months, she made her debut on Friday for private broadcaster Kohenoor.

Malik said she had to stop herself from screaming with joy when she learned she had landed the job."The dream that I saw for myself, I was able to climb on the first stair to achieving it," she said.

It is her hope that her work will help to improve the lives of Pakistan's transgender community."

https://www.themaven.net/transgenderuniv...kA/?full=1

Pakistan is an Islamic state, so her achievement is rather profound!

I mean, would anyone normally think a transgender person would make a decision to live openly in an Islamic country?

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com...t&fit=crop]
Pakistan has a transgender community?

T-Dub

(04-08-2018, 08:42 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Pakistan has a transgender community?

Not for much longer now.
(04-08-2018, 08:42 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Pakistan has a transgender community?

They do now, which is crazy in a country like Pakistan!
It’s part of their traditional culture.. they dance at birth celebrations and weddings..

Quote:https://www.theislamicmonthly.com/pakist...evolution/

There are around 300,000 members of the transgender community and they endure systemic discrimination. Women like the one I encountered at the market earn income by begging and dancing, and sometimes sex work. In Lahore and other major cities, they knock on car windows asking for money as they weave through the congested traffic. They approach customers who have wallets in hand in busy shopping areas. It is a challenging existence, full of hardship, yet khawaja siras in Lahore are among the most fortunate in the country. They feel safe enough to be in public at all. In the more conservative north, many transgender people do not leave their homes during daylight hours for fear of harassment and violence.

All around Pakistan, khawaja siras traditionally dance for tips at birth celebrations and weddings. When a child is born, they may sing songs of joy and bless the health and long life of the infant. Puzzlingly, they are a symbol of good luck for the newborn. They also dance flirtatiously with men at weddings to entice guests to participate in music and festivities. Their dances serve to bring fertility to the new couple. Khawaja siras are important figures at such social events while remaining in the periphery in actual society

Don’t you people know anything? Chuckle
(04-09-2018, 08:30 AM)Blue Wrote: [ -> ]It’s part of their traditional culture.. they dance at birth celebrations and weddings..

Quote:https://www.theislamicmonthly.com/pakist...evolution/

There are around 300,000 members of the transgender community and they endure systemic discrimination. Women like the one I encountered at the market earn income by begging and dancing, and sometimes sex work. In Lahore and other major cities, they knock on car windows asking for money as they weave through the congested traffic. They approach customers who have wallets in hand in busy shopping areas. It is a challenging existence, full of hardship, yet khawaja siras in Lahore are among the most fortunate in the country. They feel safe enough to be in public at all.  In the more conservative north, many transgender people do not leave their homes during daylight hours for fear of harassment and violence.

All around Pakistan, khawaja siras traditionally dance for tips at birth celebrations and weddings. When a child is born, they may sing songs of joy and bless the health and long life of the infant. Puzzlingly, they are a symbol of good luck for the newborn. They also dance flirtatiously with men at weddings to entice guests to participate in music and festivities. Their dances serve to bring fertility to the new couple. Khawaja siras are important figures at such social events while remaining in the periphery in actual society

Don’t you people know anything?  Chuckle

You know, I should have figured that since I know that India is kinda like that too.

Good post.
still looks like a dude...sorry :( you can just tell.
I posted this a while back..and the thread has been deleted?

[Image: jiPPpqH.png][Image: QL4XzH7.png]

Link:
How Gay Is Pakistan
http://www.netflix.com/title/80212128

[Image: nEXdOqL.png]
(04-09-2018, 09:17 AM)Skyrison Wrote: [ -> ]still looks like a dude...sorry :( you can just tell.

I don't know, looks better than most American women.

Hiding3

McDonalds, it's a helluva drug!

[Image: Pakistani-vs-American-woman.jpg]
(04-09-2018, 09:29 AM)KillTheCarnage Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2018, 09:17 AM)Skyrison Wrote: [ -> ]still looks like a dude...sorry :( you can just tell.

I don't know, looks better than most American women.

Hiding3

McDonalds, it's a helluva drug!

[Image: Pakistani-vs-American-woman.jpg]

man, you really hating on America lately Scratchinghead 1dunno1
Pages: 1 2 3