The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: We May Have A New Pup Around The Place :
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So why do We attract dogs ? We're way off the drop off highway these days .

This poor little thing is drenched from the last days of constant rain . Not a local as We have met every pup around here . Has a collar but no tag and won't get close to either of Us . Wasn't interested in the kibble offered . Looks like it could use a meal . Not skitzi but sure shy .

Hope it gets over to the barn and out of the wind and wet at least , for the night . Plenty of clean hay to snuggle into . And water .

Our 2 pups are all twitterpated about this and anxious to visit with the newcomer . Wife has gone into overbearing mode with the Pups in the house and I'm just going to go to bed .

Tomorrow is another day and will tell if We have new charge and companion .

Be Well All
Hope the newcomer adjust well! Yeah
Hope the Wife adjusts Myself . . . . .
Hope it works out for you.

Last January a very young pup showed up on our doorstep in 10-degree weather. What kind of ass hat leaves an 8-week old puppy in the cold to die.

Of course, we ended up keeping her. Other than the fact that we now have WAY too many dogs, it's worked out fine.

Some folks just DO end up attracting dogs. Yeah3

[Image: DSCN3750_-_Copy.jpg]
(03-29-2018, 09:17 PM)Kamchatka Wrote: [ -> ]Hope it works out for you.

Last January a very young pup showed up on our doorstep in 10-degree weather. What kind of ass hat leaves an 8-week old puppy in the cold to die.

Of course, we ended up keeping her. Other than the fact that we now have WAY too many dogs, it's worked out fine.

Some folks just DO end up attracting dogs.    Yeah3

That's a good lookin' little pup there.
(03-29-2018, 09:20 PM)Mike Ehrmantraut Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2018, 09:17 PM)Kamchatka Wrote: [ -> ]Hope it works out for you.

Some folks just DO end up attracting dogs.    Yeah3

That's a good lookin' little pup there.

She's a pistol. Drives the older dogs crazy, but she's a sweetie -- and not so tiny any more.

[Image: Bella_growed.jpg]
I hope the new baby eats something. Maybe try raw chicken. Just leave it in the barn cubed up.
Sometimes doom nuggets just don't cut it. Banned
Good luck ,I hope he adjusts well Heartflowers
Haven't seen it yet this morning . Some of the kibble is gone .

Didn't start out in a very inviting manner . Wife saw it on the road and thought it was Our little neurot Sheep Dog mix out past the shock collar boundary . Batts are low .

Anyway , She starts yelling at the dog from the front door and Rosie is snoozing next to Me in plain sight . Had to calm them both down . Next thing I know I'm being called to the back porch deck to see this poor drenched little critter . Maybe 10 pounds worth soaking wet . Wife had corralled it to feed and it growled and snapped at Her . Little wonder actually . So I go out and gentle talk it enough to see there is no tag or plate on the collar . Won't get close enough to sniff My offered hand . Calmed down at least .

Brought the big boy in and opened the deck gate so it could find the barn , hopefully . Shade house on the deck isn't the driest place .

If it shows itself today the Pyrenees will make it welcome . He's good at that .
(03-30-2018, 08:39 AM)Heir Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't seen it yet this morning . Some of the kibble is gone .

Didn't start out in a very inviting manner . Wife saw it on the road and thought it was Our little neurot Sheep Dog mix out past the shock collar boundary . Batts are low .

Anyway , She starts yelling at the dog from the front door and Rosie is snoozing next to Me in plain sight . Had to calm them both down . Next thing I know I'm being called to the back porch deck to see this poor drenched little critter . Maybe 10 pounds worth soaking wet . Wife had corralled it to feed and it growled and snapped at Her . Little wonder actually . So I go out and gentle talk it enough to see there is no tag or plate on the collar . Won't get close enough to sniff My offered hand . Calmed down at least .

Brought the big boy in and opened the deck gate so it could find the barn , hopefully . Shade house on the deck isn't the driest place .

If it shows itself today the Pyrenees will make it welcome . He's good at that .

The pup will probably warm up to you if you keep feeding! Let him eventually come to you - and he almost certainly will. He's had a rough time and is scared. I'm sure you know all that already since you've lived in a dump zone. We've lived in one for nearly 30 years and many of our dogs over time have come to us that way. Hope it works out!