The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Black Dogs and Hellhounds, Oh my!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hmmm, I began to do a little research into the phenomena of Black Dogs.

Several interesting things pop out.

Black Dogs are a worldwide phenomena.

They are considered to be a sort of ghost dog that cannot be injured, but that can injure you.

Their sightings stretch back into the the farthest antiquity.

They can be encountered at old crossroads, Places betwixt and between, and ancient mountain paths, mostly mountains enshrouded in mist.

Most internet searches will give accounts of Black Dogs as a Christian subtale, but if you dig deep enough you find that these tales existed long before the Christian tales began.

Most of the modern tales seem to have encounters taking place in cemeteries at night.

Here is a modern tale of an encounter from Australia.

http://www.encompassingaustralia.com/the-black

[Image: 5Cmju2VzxTRjTqFo9CR9lwbs5tPT1uA_nG7a97lm...Yyss=s1600]
Never heard of any black dog tales in oz. that link and story Is in my state too.

[Image: ROMtHdt.gif]
(03-29-2018, 07:48 AM)Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of any black dog tales in oz. that link and story Is in my state too.

[Image: ROMtHdt.gif]

Yeah, it gets crazy once you dig into it.

Just ignore the Asian idea of black dogs, since they seem to want to have sex with them.......

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773...=720&h=720]

Yeah3

(03-29-2018, 10:37 AM)Gentoo Wrote: [ -> ]

The clip makes sense as black dogs are also harbingers of death in the lore.
They're harbingers of death and warnings of spiritual attack, or an actual spiritual attack, depending on your belief system.

There was a religious [in the late 1700's] who saw the black dogs with glowing eyes when she was a child and continued to see them throughout her young adulthood. To her, they were spiritual attacks. She also prophesied that two popes, dressed in white, would meet on a hill in Rome, and that would signal another movement towards end times. Pope Benedict and Pope Francis, both dressed in papal white robes, met on a hill in Rome in 2013.

Depending on how you feel about prophecies, that young religious had very sharp eyes or she had a gratuitous hallucination of an event that happened a few centuries after her lifetime.

Her prophecy was considered heretical and outraged the church almost to the point of excommunication. Feel free to cue woo-woo music.
(03-29-2018, 11:52 AM)Moon Rocks Wrote: [ -> ]They're harbingers of death and warnings of spiritual attack, or an actual spiritual attack, depending on your belief system.

There was a religious [in the late 1700's] who saw the black dogs with glowing eyes when she was a child and continued to see them throughout her young adulthood. To her, they were spiritual attacks. She also prophesied that two popes, dressed in white, would meet on a hill in Rome, and that would signal another movement towards end times. Pope Benedict and Pope Francis, both dressed in papal white robes, met on a hill in Rome in 2013.

Depending on how you feel about prophecies, that young religious had very sharp eyes or she had a gratuitous hallucination of an event that happened a few centuries before her lifetime.

Her prophecy was considered heretical and outraged the church almost to the point of excommunication. Feel free to cue woo-woo music.

First time I'm hearing about this prophecy.

Interesting indeed.

As far as the black dogs go, it's hard to pin down what their real purpose or intent is.
I was always told stories about a black coyote with red glowing eyes growing up....
My grandmother, who was Russian, believed that black dogs come at night to smell your soul and if your soul is as dark as they are, they adopt and guide you in very bad behavior almost like a familiar. Once the black dog is your familiar you can't get rid of it, but you can invest it in one of your children so after your death your child is possessed and their soul is owned by the dog [they were considered to be demons]. Oppression, Obsession, and Possession were all linked to the black devil dogs. They could be a harbinger of death if you did not obey their commands.

I know that in other cultures dogs of any color were considered to be fierce protectors and helpful guides in this natural world. Some Eastern Europeans had a different take on them.

neat little vid
Pages: 1 2 3