The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: So, Last Night I Saw The Shape of Water...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's the first time is years that I went to the movies, but my"date" had her pretty little heart set on it... And who am I to say 'no' to a long-legged redhead who just so happens to be my ex-wife of 28 years? (The last time we went to theater was to see Ironman II)

I enjoyed it. It was a fairly well done story/movie with likable characters, for the most part, and an obvious lack of Leftists messaging....which is why I stopped going to the movies in the first place. But it's simply an expansion and modernization of "The Creature From The Black Lagoon". Kind of a monster/love story.

But as I sat there munching my $8 popcorn and sipping my $6 Mt. Dew, kicking back in the over-sized and extremely comfortable chair, I kept asking myself "Is this the best Hollywood has to offer?"

Gone are the days of "Taxi Driver"... "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"... "Of Mice and Men"...."The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"..."Psycho"... "Citizen Kane"..."The Godfather"....

A few days ago, I read that they are going to make/remake a new Evel Knievel movie starting Channing Tatum (who?) And several surprisingly BIG names are going to be involved. And while I'm a huge fan of the world's greatest stuntman and all that he accomplished... like shattering his pelvis on multiple occasions, I have to ask why?

Where are all the original story lines that made Hollywood was it once was... and could be again if they'd just stop remaking comic book super hero movies and rehashing the same stories over and over and over.

I mean how many Spidermans are there now? Three? Five? A dozen?

I think these guys are doing waaaaaay to many drugs.... and it's killed the creative thought process.

It's hard for actors to remain a teenager for decades. Most of Peter Parkers backstory is about him in College, struggling with life.
Agreed. I haven't been interested in anything they have to offer. It's all just remakes.
I boycotted Guillermo Del Toro.

I used to like Del Toro until he started talking trash about the wall and about President Trump.

Del Toro is a Mexican national who is in the USA on a work visa. He should NOT be offering his political opinions since he is technically a guest of our country.

Del Toro is also a product of the wealthy Spanish cast system in Mexico that are basically white people who happen to speak Spanish, but yet have the audacity to call Americans racists for wanting to curb illegal immigration from a badly managed country that encourages their poorest people to migrate to the USA.

He is also into inter-species sex. He knows exactly what his message was in creating this film.
So save my money and wait for it to come on TV?
I saw that movie. It was great imo. Had no resemblance to the creature in the black lagoon accept for the similar look of the creature and water.

I felt it was one of the more original ones so far right now. And I like the lesson it taught.

Anyway fun fact. Pronc de Leon Springs is near me and that's where the creature from the black lagoon was shot and one of the Tarzan movies. I also work around the area where the Truman Show was shot. Anyhoo
(03-28-2018, 02:37 PM)Deplorably Nameless Wrote: [ -> ]I boycotted Guillermo Del Toro.

I used to like Del Toro until he started talking trash about the wall and about President Trump.

Del Toro is a Mexican national who is in the USA on a work visa.  He should NOT be offering his political opinions since he is technically a guest of our country.

Del Toro is also a product of the wealthy Spanish cast system in Mexico that are basically white people who happen to speak Spanish, but yet have the audacity to call Americans racists for wanting to curb illegal immigration from a badly managed country that encourages their poorest people to migrate to the USA.

He is also into inter-species sex.  He knows exactly what his message was in creating this film.

Oh, that's, interesting.
(03-28-2018, 02:39 PM)hurchel Wrote: [ -> ]So save my money and wait for it to come on TV?

[Image: this_2.gif]

Is what I usually do when I want to see a movie. There are a number of websites where just about any movie one could want to watch is available. It's why I haven't been in 10 years.

But there's so little I'm interested in.... and besides, I was on a "date".... so I had to put on some pants.
(03-28-2018, 02:37 PM)Deplorably Nameless Wrote: [ -> ]I boycotted Guillermo Del Toro.

Del Toro is a Mexican national who is in the USA on a work visa.  He should NOT be offering his political opinions since he is technically a guest of our country.

He is also into inter-species sex.  He knows exactly what his message was in creating this film.

Is he Benicio's father? If so, he's Puerto Rican.

I really liked him in Usual Suspects and Sicario. He's a likable guy.

edit: No, they are not related. Guillermo is a Chican and Benico is PR. Guess that's why one is likeable and the other is a shitbag.
(03-28-2018, 03:00 PM)Mike Ehrmantraut Wrote: [ -> ]

Is he Benicio's father? If so, he's Puerto Rican.

I really liked him in Usual Suspects and Sicario. He's a likable guy.

edit: No, they are not related. Guillermo is a Chican and Benico is PR. Guess that's why one is likeable and the other is a shitbag.

I like Benicio as well, and will be watching the new Sicario now that Emily Blunt is OUT of the picture.

That ungrateful wench needs to go back to the UK where she can be embarrassed about America all she wants.
Pages: 1 2 3