The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: ~Critics On The Fringe~ Movie-And-Book Club...This Weeks Movie ~LO~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I wanted to start a thread to give us a chance to discuss some of the best unknown/sleeper movies/books never seen.

We all have a list of some pretty damn good books and movies that we would like to share with each other.
This will be a place to give the followers of the thread a week to watch a particular movie or listen to an audio book.

Through out the week we will discuss the previous movie or book and decide on the next. I have some ideas for the first couple movies et el, however, suggestions are always welcome and we can choose amongst ourselves what will be next.

Movies are easy to watch and we can provide links. For myself, I would need an audio book available for any books that may need to be read.

If you have already seen the movie/book than watch again or wait for the discussion the following week!

First Movie Suggestion:

'Captain Fantastic' with Viggo Mortensen

~Deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, isolated from society, a devoted father dedicates his life to transforming his six young children into extraordinary adults. But when a tragedy strikes the family, they are forced to leave this self-created paradise and begin a journey into the outside world that challenges his idea of what it means to be a parent and brings into question everything he's taught them.~

In a world where real movies was still a goal of Hollywood's, this would be Oscar material.
MOVIE SUGESTIONS:

Week One:
'Captain Fantastic'- Amazon HULU FREE

Week Two:
'The Legend Of 1900'- HULU  Free

Week Three:
'The Man From Earth' - Amazon  FREE

Week four: (recommended by @Deplorably Nameless)
'LO' - HULU
BOOK SUGESTIONS:

TBA
Please, download links if ya' got 'em!
That's a very interesting choice.

I've seen a few reviews but haven't watched it yet. It definitely flew under the radar for most even though the critics that watched and wrote about it loved it.
(03-26-2018, 10:59 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: [ -> ]Please, download links if ya' got 'em!

Yeah3

The second/third post will be updated for each movie/book when links are available.

If someone knows how to find a certain link... post it and I will update the thread!
(03-26-2018, 11:10 AM)Ishtahota Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2018, 10:59 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: [ -> ]Please, download links if ya' got 'em!

Yeah3

The second/third post will be updated for each movie/book when links are available.

If someone knows how to find a certain link... post it and I will update the thread!

You posted Hulu ~ I got that, so I'll do the search thing & stream it! Yeah
(03-26-2018, 11:03 AM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very interesting choice.

I've seen a few reviews but haven't watched it yet. It definitely flew under the radar for most even though the critics that watched and wrote about it loved it.

Well than, this will be a perfect time to watch it!

There are a lot of critical eyes here on The Fringe and I look forward to the discussion about this movie next week.

I am still amazed at the movies that don't get marketed that are real jewels that most people miss.

up
(03-26-2018, 10:56 AM)Ishtahota Wrote: [ -> ]MOVIE SUGESTIONS:

Week One:
'Captain Fantastic'- Amazon HULU FREE

Looks interesting. Will give it a try after work. Excellent idea for discussion.
(03-26-2018, 11:19 AM)Ishtahota Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2018, 11:03 AM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very interesting choice.

Well than, this will be a perfect time to watch it!

There are a lot of critical eyes here on The Fringe and I look forward to the discussion about this movie next week.

I am still amazed at the movies that don't get marketed that are real jewels that most people miss.

up

Part of that is the traditional methods of doing things.

I've been doing a fair bit of digging into just the book publishing scene and it's amazing how many books were never published because some NY house decided that they possibly may not be profitable enough even though they were remarkable books. That's one of the reasons self publishing e-books is really taking off now. You can get your book written, edited, formatted and uploaded and reach an audience that does not agree with the NY publishing houses and end up on a best seller list.

Now it takes a little more for a movie to hit like that. The costs of making it. The editing, distribution and marketing costs are all higher than they are with books. Some get made and you never hear about it. Once you do, it ends up a favorite.

I wonder what their criteria is for marketing movies? I've seen some hyped three ways to Saturn and they were real stinkers. Barely watchable, if that. I've found a few gems that were never hyped at all that blew me out of the water.

The direct to TV/Cable method and various things like Netflix/Hulu created content are going to end up supplanting the traditional brick and mortar business models. Those studios and movie theaters will still be there but they won't have the same market share that they once enjoyed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9