The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Here is classic Fake News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Emails show Ben, Candy Carson selected $31,000 dining set

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...ar-BBKbP3D

First, recognize that the people who write for a living  in the news business are experts in language and often have Master Degrees in writing and journalism.

I've seen versions of this story before.   From day one it's been a hit piece of Ben Carson.  And the stories always use the same phrase:  a 31,000 Dining Set.

The authors know full and well, that to the average person a 'dining set' means: A table and some chairs.   So, they want you to be shocked that Ben Carson is blowing a wad of tax payer money on something extravagant.  That is their goal.

But, when you read through this entire story, you find out the reality.  They are remodeling the private dining room of the HUD office used by the Sec. of the Dept.  First time it's been remodeled in 30 years.  

So, they are buying a 3,000 dollar table.   A 7,000 dollar hutch.  A 6,000 dollar buffet.   And chairs for the table.   The total bill is 24,000 dollars.     Then (they don't explain why) the sales taxes, the delivery and setup is 7000 dollars totaling up to 31,000 dollars.

Now, without a doubt this is high end furniture, and you may still feel that this is extravagant.  ( But, if it lasts for another 30 years, then we are talking a one time expense averaged over that life. )  No matter though, it is clear that how this story has been presented to the public is a carefully crafted hit piece attack and is fake news
Bump
Once you break it down it really isn't that extravagant. I mean I could never afford it but if it does last 30 years,they are paying cheap.

(03-14-2018, 11:28 AM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Bump
Once you break it down it really isn't that extravagant. I mean I could never afford it but if it does last 30 years,they are paying cheap.

That is a legitimate debate to have.  Maybe it is more than should be spent.  But the dishonest way the story has been pushed is why people don't trust the media anymore.
I knew it was fake news as soon as I read msn.com/.... Chuckle