The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: On-line Personas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Why are On-line personas so different from in real life? I am who I am. They say that your avatar is a good depiction of who you are; I will agree with that. I have never met an on-line friend in real life but I have spent hours talking on-line or on the phone/ skype/ facetime. Has anyone ever met someone from the internet who turned out to be a real dud in real life? I often wonder if a troll on the internet is really such a dick in real life.
I know several here. I have also met others from way back from GLP/Carnicom/RMN etc face to face that are now extended family. I think(?) I am exactly as I present myself..as far as character..but I have heard that I scare some and also that I am FOS from others..lol.
I am probably a lot nicer IRL than some imagine, though. My words can be too caustic or too dark, I would imagine. I do hold back in that aspect, even, I have to be reserved in what I say for good reasons.
[Image: xY8sz8g.jpg]

What you see here is what you get in real life.

Sorry.

I must hang out with a higher class of 'internet persona' because everyone that I've met from online in real life has turned out to be as decent as they were online.

Wizard of the Vassals

Can't answer for the millions of others

but , if I don't look like a Cynicalabsurdance , sorry , I try .
yes , that's really me in the pic , yes , I really do say it just
like it is , even when it's satire .

that help ? lol
[Image: new_addition_001.jpg]
It takes too much energy to live a double life.

I am who I am and that's all I am, just me.

I am blunt, sarcastic, out spoken and sometimes wrong, for which I don't mind apologizing.

I don't think I have met IRL anyone from the internet.
(03-08-2018, 01:05 PM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ][Image: xY8sz8g.jpg]

Sorry.

I must hang out with a higher class of 'internet persona' because everyone that I've met from online in real life has turned out to be as decent as they were online.

Same here,though I have run into folks who were not as they appeared online.
(03-08-2018, 02:11 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2018, 01:05 PM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ][Image: xY8sz8g.jpg]

Sorry.

Same here,though I have run into folks who were not as they appeared online.

It's been a long time and I haven't met many and ended up losing touch with most of them. 1dunno1

They were as advertised though.
I have only met one person online. She was who she said she was, did what she said she was gonna do. Wink Been together 18 years so far.
I've only met one person from online -- @NH Girl -- and she is just as real and charming as she is online.
I've talked with two others on the phone, and both of them are the same as online -- lovely folks for sure.
I just remembered TWO women I met about 99-2001 through CT forums who both drove incredible distances to meet me. 17 hours approx for each of them. One I became very close with but she went a bit bonkers on me and made scary physical threats ONLINE and privately later. I continued my usual patience but she never healed or reconciled..BUH BYE. The other was cool at first but she was hiding severe cray cray and accused me of making sexual advances(what? I'm a Gay, girl. You knew that..GET REAL) and I picked up on it after the first few hours and asked her to please leave.

The first showed up almost unannounced. She called about two hours before arriving. I fear sometimes she reads here and may quietly stalk me..or monitor me..The other was a planned guest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10