The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Facebook to purge extremist content :
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Facebook to purge extremist content

Facebook is set to fight content promoting "anger and hate" following pressure from major advertisers.

February 13, 2018

After Unilever - which makes goods of brands from Dove to Persil - threatened an advertising boycott of the website, social network executives have pledged to purge extremist content and described the pressure put on them as "a great thing".

Speaking at Recode's Code Media conference, Adam Mosseri, Facebook's head of news feed, said: "We think the commitment by such a large advertiser is great, it's a great thing.

"It's on us to make sure we deliver and meet whatever expectations that they have, but we commend the announcement."

His colleague Campbell Brown, who is the head of news partnerships, pointed towards the steps Facebook is already taking towards tailoring the news feed towards quality and personal posts, rather than numerous posts from organisations.

https://www.gmx.com/technology/8277518-f...ge-hero1-5
FB is losing members. The younger generation doesn't use it. And, more and more people are dropping it. They're trying to save it.
The best way to get rid of the hate, is to shut down all of Farcebook.

Are they going to purge the organize church extremists crime Lord's underlings too?
If peeps are using FB for anything other than sharing pics of grandbabies & cats ~ uh, like for their NEWS ~ they might as well be subscribing to Newsweek. Chuckle
(02-14-2018, 12:02 PM)DaJavoo Wrote: [ -> ]If peeps are using FB for anything other than sharing pics of grandbabies & cats ~ uh, like for their NEWS ~ they might as well be subscribing to Newsweek.  Chuckle

Uh, You mean I can't use Facebook to trigger my rabid liberal cousins?

I should post pics of grandbabies and cats?

Where's the fun in that?

(02-14-2018, 09:05 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2018, 12:02 PM)DaJavoo Wrote: [ -> ]If peeps are using FB for anything other than sharing pics of grandbabies & cats ~ uh, like for their NEWS ~ they might as well be subscribing to Newsweek.  Chuckle

Where's the fun in that?

Lmao MEME the dog snot out of 'em!
I can't wait for Zuckerbook to go the way of Myspace.
Extremist = Libertarian or Conservative views.
(02-14-2018, 09:05 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: [ -> ]

Where's the fun in that?

Oh is that what it's for?

Chuckle
Pages: 1 2