The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Family says son killed by police in ‘swatting’ was unarmed, didn’t play video games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Family says son killed by police in ‘swatting’ was unarmed, didn’t play video games

Lisa Finch, surrounded by family members, reacts to the killing of her son, Andrew Finch, who was shot Thursday evening by police. The shooting may have been related to what online gamers have said in multiple Twitter posts as a “swatting” hoax involving two gamers.

“What gives the cops the right to open fire?” Finch asked. “Why didn’t they give him the same warning they gave us? That cop murdered my son over a false report.”

Finch and Hernandez-Caballero said they want to see the officer – identified only as a seven-year veteran of the department – and the person who made the false report held accountable.

“The person who made the phone call took my nephew, her son, two kids’ father,” Hernandez-Caballero said. “How does it feel to be a murderer? I can’t believe people do this on purpose.”

Online gamers have said in multiple Twitter posts that the shooting was the result of a “swatting” call involving two gamers.

Andrew Finch was not involved in the online game, according to his mother and people in the gaming community.

“He doesn’t play video games,” Finch said. “He has better things to do with his time.”

Swatting is an internet hoax where someone makes a call to a police department with a false story of an ongoing crime – often with killing or hostages involved – in an attempt to draw a large number of police officers to a particular address.

Swatting has gained traction across the country with online gamers. Those who try to cause the swatting incident will use caller ID spoofing or other techniques to disguise their number as being local. Or they call local non-emergency numbers instead of 911, according to 911.gov.

On Twitter, more than a dozen people who identified themselves as being in the gaming community told The Eagle that a feud between two Call of Duty players sparked one to initiate a “swatting.”

more

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/a...47194.html

http://www.drudgereport.com/

if you have children on online game sites.....cancel them now....today....
:cry: