The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Robert Plant Asks Peer Why Is He Receiving A Winter Fuel Payment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rock star Robert Plant collared a peer in the street and quizzed her on why he should get a winter fuel payment from the Government.

Broadcaster Baroness Bakewell revealed the encounter with the multimillionaire Led Zeppelin frontman during a debate in the House of Lords.

She said the "multibillionaire rock star" wanted to know why he had been given the annual allowance, which is worth as much as £300 for older pensioners.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/whole-lotta-ca...00028.html

I thought that people had to apply for it.
They probably just go through the roles and whoever is of age gets it? Eyeroll That's not right and good on him to bring that up.
(12-05-2017, 01:53 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]They probably just go through the roles and whoever is of age gets it? Eyeroll  That's not right and good on him to bring that up.

As far as I am aware they are means tested, and it's only given to people on low incomes.

Although I do know people that had to apply for it. You also have to apply for it before a certain date, I know that because a pensioner nags me every year to apply for it, and I haven't done it yet, so it's too late this year as far as I'm aware.

Heartflowers
(12-05-2017, 04:23 PM)Twaddle Wrote: [ -> ]He's super cheap mind you. I'm shocked he questioned it.
Chuckle
Seriously....

Good heart won over cheap bastard this time. Chuckle Heartflowers