The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Privatisation of UK Healthcare - High Risk To Patients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Addicts at risk of death in detox clinics as majority fail to meet basic standards of care, reveals report.

Residential services for people withdrawing from drugs or alcohol are breaching government regulations by employing untrained staff and failing to prescribe addicts’ medication correctly, with potentially fatal outcomes, according to findings by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

In the first ever inspection of independent addiction services, which analysed reports of 68 providers in England, the report finds that nearly a third (72 per cent) of providers breached regulations of the Health and Social Care Act and failed to meet fundamental standards of care.

The findings have raised concerns that the transfer of responsibility for commissioning substance misuse services from primary care trusts to local authorities in 2013, which occurred under the Health and Social Care Act, has led to independent providers “massively cutting costs” in order to win contracts from councils.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/addicts-risk-d...40184.html
I'll give you my opinion on healthcare especially Dental. The dental industry makes a killing off of people in need of dental work (it's a life necessity) it should be available to all. Or at least make it fucking affordable. I've had a tooth pain for the last 2 weeks straight and it's killing me. And these are my choices,

#1. Get a root canal and a crown which will cost over $1200.
#2. Get it pulled out and then get an implant which will cost around $3000 or more.
#3. Get it pulled and have no tooth there at all

The problem is I cant afford any of those options except for having it pulled out and that's it. It's not a tooth far away from view in the back of the mouth, this tooth is middle area close to the front. I wouldn't have any problems if it was in the back and just have it pulled out.

This is why I haven't been sleeping at all and have been on the fringe for long hours of the day and night (Im off work for a while as well and thankfully)

It's pretty embarrassing for a young man to have a missing tooth in view while smiling or talking. Women will just stop talking to you when they notice that. I wouldn't mind getting it pulled out if I was already married and had kids or had a long time girlfriend who wouldn't care about it.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I'll take any advice I can get. I don't have the time to save up for it because it's just to god damn painful and would take to long to save up for it. All money goes to bills, and food and important things. I also have family in Europe that I help out and send money to. (my Grandma)

People, what the hell can I do? Any advice?
I guess my only realistic choice would be to have it pulled out and just get an implant sometime down the long road
(11-30-2017, 07:19 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]I guess my only realistic choice would be to have it pulled out and just get an implant sometime down the long road

Have you got bicarb Soda in the cupboard? It’s cheap, buy some.. wet your finger and put it in the bicarb and rub it all around the tooth area and gums, it kills tooth aches fast for me, but it might be past that stage? I would spray 3% hydrogen peroxide around the tooth then dab the bicarb on if just bicarb doesn’t work..

Just get it pulled if it’s beyond help.. it’s a concern for me too, we don’t need healthcare in oz really, so anything is pretty much covered by the govt, except dental.. I have no money too, so it concerns me if i lose a tooth too, what the fuck would I do? I think they can do a temporary tooth for a few hundred dollars, they last two years or so, but hey you might have some money by them, or just do another temporary tooth if it falls out?
(11-30-2017, 07:06 AM)KOMMA Wrote: [ -> ]Addicts at risk of death in detox clinics as majority fail to meet basic standards of care, reveals report.

Residential services for people withdrawing from drugs or alcohol are breaching government regulations by employing untrained staff and failing to prescribe addicts’ medication correctly, with potentially fatal outcomes, according to findings by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

In the first ever inspection of independent addiction services, which analysed reports of 68 providers in England, the report finds that nearly a third (72 per cent) of providers breached regulations of the Health and Social Care Act and failed to meet fundamental standards of care.

The findings have raised concerns that the transfer of responsibility for commissioning substance misuse services from primary care trusts to local authorities in 2013, which occurred under the Health and Social Care Act, has led to independent providers “massively cutting costs” in order to win contracts from councils.

I think the Aussie model is better than the uk one.. the last thing any country needs is being like the USA.. that system is bad.. the government needs to be in control..

no to any sort of privatisation..
(11-30-2017, 07:41 AM)Blue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2017, 07:06 AM)KOMMA Wrote: [ -> ]Addicts at risk of death in detox clinics as majority fail to meet basic standards of care, reveals report.

I think the Aussie model is better than the uk one.. the last thing any country needs is being like the USA.. that system is bad.. the government needs to be in control..

no to any sort of privatisation..

many people on this site will disagree with you and I but I'm totally on your side. This is peoples lives we're talking about here!
(11-30-2017, 07:17 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give you my opinion on healthcare especially Dental. The dental industry makes a killing off of people in need of dental work (it's a life necessity) it should be available to all. Or at least make it fucking affordable. I've had a tooth pain for the last 2 weeks straight and it's killing me. And these are my choices,

#2. Get it pulled out and then get an implant which will cost around $3000 or more.

The problem is I cant afford any of those options except for having it pulled out and that's it. It's not a tooth far away from view in the back of the mouth, this tooth is middle area close to the front.  I wouldn't have any problems if it was in the back and just have it pulled out.

This is why I haven't been sleeping at all and have been on the fringe for long hours of the day and night (Im off work for a while as well and thankfully)

It's pretty embarrassing for a young man to have a missing tooth in view while smiling or talking. Women will just stop talking to you when they notice that. I wouldn't mind getting it pulled out if I was already married and had kids or had a long time girlfriend who wouldn't care about it.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I'll take any advice I can get. I don't have the time to save up for it because it's just to god damn painful and would take to long to save up for it. All money goes to bills, and food and important things. I also have family in Europe that I help out and send money to. (my Grandma)

You forgot to include the %chance factor of a BOTCHED canal job and or implant is about 70%...roughly estimating on experience..not 'actual data'.
And almost always these days there is no way you would actually win a lawsuit if you were maimed...Again..'based on experience'.
(11-30-2017, 07:32 AM)Blue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2017, 07:19 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]I guess my only realistic choice would be to have it pulled out and just get an implant sometime down the long road

Have you got bicarb Soda in the cupboard? It’s cheap, buy some.. wet your finger and put it in the bicarb and rub it all around the tooth area and gums, it kills tooth aches fast for me, but it might be past that stage? I would spray 3% hydrogen peroxide around the tooth then dab the bicarb on if just bicarb doesn’t work..

Just get it pulled if it’s beyond help.. it’s a concern for me too, we don’t need healthcare in oz really, so anything is pretty much covered by the govt, except dental.. I have no money too, so it concerns me if i lose a tooth too, what the fuck would I do? I think they can do a temporary tooth for a few hundred dollars, they last two years or so, but hey you might have some money by them, or just do another temporary tooth if it falls out?

I completely forgot about the soda! I just tried mild water and salt, I totally forgot about the soda! Thanks for the tip buddy! This fucking tooth pain is driving me nuts!
(11-30-2017, 07:45 AM)Mmmkay Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2017, 07:17 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give you my opinion on healthcare especially Dental. The dental industry makes a killing off of people in need of dental work (it's a life necessity) it should be available to all. Or at least make it fucking affordable. I've had a tooth pain for the last 2 weeks straight and it's killing me. And these are my choices,

The problem is I cant afford any of those options except for having it pulled out and that's it. It's not a tooth far away from view in the back of the mouth, this tooth is middle area close to the front.  I wouldn't have any problems if it was in the back and just have it pulled out.

You forgot to include the %chance factor of a BOTCHED canal job and or implant is about 70%...roughly estimating on experience..not 'actual data'.
And almost always these days there is no way you would actually win a lawsuit if you were maimed...Again..'based on experience'.

you have any experience with those fake teeth that are attached to a wire and wrapped around another tooth? I might be able to at least get that done. You know what I'm talking about?
(11-30-2017, 07:47 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2017, 07:45 AM)Mmmkay Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]

you have any experience with those fake teeth that are attached to a wire and wrapped around another tooth? I might be able to at least get that done. You know what I'm talking about?

My experience is vicarious through family and many friends as well as cases that have been introduced to my knowledge through the legal processes.

I dont know about the problems associated with bridges..if that is what you are referring to.
Pages: 1 2