The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Archeological Finds That Rewrite History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

In an announcement sure to spark a firestorm of controversy, researchers say they’ve found signs of ancient humans in California between 120,000 and 140,000 years ago—more than a hundred thousand years before humans were thought to exist anywhere in the Americas.

If the researchers are right, the so-called Cerutti mastodon site could force a rewrite of the story of humankind.

“I realize that 130,000 years is a really old date and makes our site the oldest archaeological site in the Americas,” says study leader Tom Deméré, the paleontologist at the San Diego Natural History Museum, whose team describes their analysis today in Nature. “Of course, extraordinary claims like this require extraordinary evidence, and we feel like the Cerutti mastodon site presents this evidence.”

To be clear, the team has not found human bones at the site. But as Deméré and their colleagues tell it, their evidence—a mastodon skeleton, bone flakes, and several large stones—shows that the area was a “bone quarry,” where an unknown hominin allegedly smashed fresh mastodon bones with stone hammers, perhaps to extract marrow or to mine the skeleton for raw materials.

However, many of the world’s leading experts in American archaeology already have expressed some form of skepticism to the paper’s claims. Some have rejected it outright.

“The earliest occupation of the Americas is a highly contentious subject,” says University of Southampton archaeologist John McNabb. “The date of the find at 130,000 years ago is a really big ask for archaeologists who are used to talking about 12, 13, 14,000 years ago. It’s a big, big time difference.”

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/...y-science/

Experts have come across fossils that will effectively rewrite human history. The 300,000-year-old bones discovered in Marocco shed light on the evolution of Homo sapiens, and prove that our species evolved much earlier—at least 100,000 years earlier—than previously thought, effectively rewriting the history of mankind.

Another discovery has been made that challenges the official story of our history. Archaeologists excavating in Morrocco have discovered the oldest Homo Sapiens fossils on the surface of the planet. The remains were discovered alongside tools and animal bones at the archaeological site of Jebel Irhoud.

According to experts, the excavated fossils are at least 300,000 years old, meaning that they are 100,000 years OLDER than any other Homo Sapien fossils ever discovered.

A Game Changer

So what exactly does this discovery mean? It means that thanks to the new dating methods and fossils experts can effectively PUSH BACK the origins of our species and prove that around 300,000 years ago, important changes in our biology took place across the planet, specifically Africa.

The discovery was made by experts led by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany and the National Institute for Archaeology and Heritage in Rabat, Morocco.

https://www.ancient-code.com/newly-found...n-history/

The oldest ever human nuclear DNA to be reconstructed and sequenced reveals Neanderthals in the making – and the need for a possible rewrite of our own origins.

The 430,000-year-old DNA comes from mysterious early human fossils found in Spain’s Sima de los Huesos, or “pit of bones”.

The fossils look like they come from ancestors of the Neanderthals, which evolved some 100,000 years later. But a 2013 study found that their mitochondrial DNA is more similar to that of Denisovans (see video, below), who also lived later and thousands of kilometres away, in southern Siberia.

So who were the Sima people – and how are they related to us?

To find out, a team led by Matthias Meyer at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, pieced together parts of the hominin’s nuclear DNA from samples taken from a tooth and a thigh bone.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/208...n-history/

Scientists say they may have found human footprints in Greece that date back to a time when it is commonly believed our ancestors were still only in Africa, potentially changing our ideas of how the species evolved and dispersed.

The footprints, found embedded in rock in an area called Trachilos on the Greek island of Crete, are 5.7 million years old, according to a study in the journal Proceedings of the Geologists’ Association. They “show hominin-like characteristics” — the creature that made the tracks walked on two legs using the soles of its feet; had five toes, with the innermost ones more developed than the outer digits; and did not have any claws. The researchers also noted “the presence of a distinct ball in some of the tracks.”

“Human feet have a very distinctive shape, different from all other land animals,” Uppsala University said in a report about the research. “The feet of our closest relatives, the great apes, look more like a human hand with a thumb-like [big toe] that sticks out to the side.”

Analysis suggests the animal that made the tracks was an ancient member of the human family, but Crete is not within geographical area where our ancestors were known to roam 5.7 million years ago. Another problem is that previously collected fossil evidence suggests that human ancestors had more ape-like feet for more than a million years after this time period, which clashes with the new findings.

“The interpretation of these footprints is potentially controversial,” the scientists wrote.

[Image: $]

http://www.ibtimes.com/human-footprints-...ry-2585386

Basically our origins are not set in stone we are not even sure of our own history, so they make these discoveries and feel that things are a certain way and then they discover something new and that things didn't happen that way.  I am sure though that we have been around for longer than we remember, we are a race with amnesia.

-T
(09-16-2017, 11:57 PM)titanic1 Wrote: [ -> ]

In an announcement sure to spark a firestorm of controversy, researchers say they’ve found signs of ancient humans in California between 120,000 and 140,000 years ago—more than a hundred thousand years before humans were thought to exist anywhere in the Americas.

If the researchers are right, the so-called Cerutti mastodon site could force a rewrite of the story of humankind.

“I realize that 130,000 years is a really old date and makes our site the oldest archaeological site in the Americas,” says study leader Tom Deméré, the paleontologist at the San Diego Natural History Museum, whose team describes their analysis today in Nature. “Of course, extraordinary claims like this require extraordinary evidence, and we feel like the Cerutti mastodon site presents this evidence.”

To be clear, the team has not found human bones at the site. But as Deméré and their colleagues tell it, their evidence—a mastodon skeleton, bone flakes, and several large stones—shows that the area was a “bone quarry,” where an unknown hominin allegedly smashed fresh mastodon bones with stone hammers, perhaps to extract marrow or to mine the skeleton for raw materials.

However, many of the world’s leading experts in American archaeology already have expressed some form of skepticism to the paper’s claims. Some have rejected it outright.

“The earliest occupation of the Americas is a highly contentious subject,” says University of Southampton archaeologist John McNabb. “The date of the find at 130,000 years ago is a really big ask for archaeologists who are used to talking about 12, 13, 14,000 years ago. It’s a big, big time difference.”

Basically our origins are not set in stone we are not even sure of our own history, so they make these discoveries and feel that things are a certain way and then they discover something new and that things didn't happen that way.  I am sure though that we have been around for longer than we remember, we are a race with amnesia.

-T
(09-17-2017, 02:42 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2017, 11:57 PM)titanic1 Wrote: [ -> ]

-T

Very Yeti like..
One of my favorite discoveries ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxllptqVSYk&t=41s
(09-17-2017, 09:40 AM)wing-ed Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favorite discoveries ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxllptqVSYk&t=41s

That's bizarre. I have a book called 'The Atlantis Enigma' that digs into that sort of stuff. Good book.
Thanks T !
(09-17-2017, 10:22 AM)Shadow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 09:40 AM)wing-ed Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favorite discoveries ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxllptqVSYk&t=41s

That's bizarre. I have a book called 'The Atlantis Enigma' that digs into that sort of stuff. Good book.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”

King James Version (KJV)
Thanks.
I always enjoy your threads.
(09-17-2017, 09:54 PM)Sentio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

Agreed!
(09-18-2017, 11:01 AM)snowglobe Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 09:54 PM)Sentio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

Agreed!

Me three