The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Massive US Sex Trafficking Bust Ensnares Over 1,000—Including Law Enforcement and Cle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.govtslaves.com/massive-us-sex...nd-clergy/

Quote:Massive US Sex Trafficking Bust Ensnares Over 1,000—Including Law Enforcement and Clergy

CLAIRE BERNISH–From Seattle to Tuscaloosa, police arrested more than 1,000 people in just one month — including a law enforcement officer and pastor — as part of a sweeping crackdown on child sex offenders, and juvenile and adult sex trafficking in the United States.

Police from 37 departments in 17 states participated in the annual National Johns Suppression Initiative — a regular effort to ostensibly crack down on human trafficking and illegal sex work — rescuing 81 adult and child victims and arresting 1,020 people from Seattle to Chicago, and Texas to Tuscaloosa in the month-long effort spearheaded by Cook County, Illinois, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart.

Wink

mmmkay

That's a whole lot of people getting nabbed!
(08-04-2017, 05:33 PM)mmmkay Wrote: [ -> ]That's a whole lot of people getting nabbed!

Most of it is for regular prostitution according to the article but there were some children rescued so I think it counts as a win.

FYI, prostitution shouldn't be illegal from a libertarian point of view. Regulate it as a job with OSHA safety and health compliance and insured then get the hell out of the way. It's still gov intrusion but this is basically people being people but for money.

1dunno1
Its good news.
Like to see the ringleaders get collared.
But I guess that would leave vacancies at the top of most institutions.

I can dream.
daydream
It's time to bring back public live corporal punishment. Burn these fucks at the stake on live TV!
Arrest them all....publish their names. I want to know who they are.

Prostitution, while I see nothing wrong in a normal relationship of a man helping a woman he cares for with whatever she needs, is an addictive, disease creating distortion of Human love and caring.
(08-04-2017, 11:09 PM)Arkansas_Ted Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 11:05 PM)Archangel Wrote: [ -> ]Arrest them all....publish their names.  I want to know who they are.

Prostitution, while I see nothing wrong in a normal relationship of a man helping a woman he cares for with whatever she needs, is an addictive, disease creating distortion of Human love and caring.
oun
Arrest them all....publish their names.  I want to know who they are.

Then give them to us!

You can have 'em Ted.....I wouldn't want to have to dispose of their bodies. Kids are way. too precious to have to suffer abuse like that. That goes for young adults too. What pimps and johns do to our women...there are no words....

Remove them from the earth, Lord, please
"a regular effort to ostensibly crack down on human trafficking..."

Don't see that word, "ostensibly," used in news stories much, if ever. Ye, I say yeah.
(08-05-2017, 12:54 AM)Fringer Wrote: [ -> ]"a regular effort to ostensibly crack down on human trafficking..."

Don't see that word, "ostensibly," used in news stories much, if ever.  Ye, I say yeah.

Actually, that isn't particularly comforting.

Here is the definition:
"Ostensibly is an adverb you use to talk about something that looks one way, but underneath there's the hint of a different motivation for that action. ..."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/ostensibly
(08-05-2017, 01:10 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2017, 12:54 AM)Fringer Wrote: [ -> ]"a regular effort to ostensibly crack down on human trafficking..."

Don't see that word, "ostensibly," used in news stories much, if ever.  Ye, I say yeah.

Actually, that isn't particularly comforting.

Here is the definition:
"Ostensibly is an adverb you use to talk about something that looks one way, but underneath there's the hint of a different motivation for that action. ..."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/ostensibly

Exactly. The phrase, "...ostensibly crack down...," tells me the writer knows what goes down, what gets covered up and then proffers a theory via that word that "crack downs" aren't really that - therefore, there are ostensible, or "something that looks one way, but underneath there's the hint of a different motivation for that action..."

Think of British police "cracking down" on reports of school children being molested (they don't). The use of the opinionated word, "ostensible," is quite a juicy statement of balls-out point-of-view for a reporter to use. No objectivity going on there. The writer plants his feet in a non-objective manner with that word. I like it like I like a tart vinegar and ginger Switchel.
Pages: 1 2