The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Japan utility plans to dump radioactive Fukushima water into Pacific
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
July 14 (UPI) -- The operator of Japan's paralyzed nuclear plant in Fukushima has decided to release radioactive tritium into the Pacific Ocean.

The decision has angered local fishermen, who say they were not consulted on the decision.

Takashi Kawamura, chairman of Tokyo Electro Power Co., said the plan has been settled, but that the utility is still waiting for the final word from Japan's nuclear regulation authority, Japanese newspaper Tokyo Shimbun reported Friday.

About 770,000 tons of radioactive water is stored in 580 tanks in Fukushima.

Technology has so far been unable to remove tritium from the water, and TEPCO's solution is to pour the radioactive liquid into the ocean, where, according to the utility's officials, it would be quickly diluted, The Telegraph reported Friday.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/...m_medium=3
Well, isn't that just lovely.
From what I've read, they have already been dumping about 300 TONS of radioactive water EVERY SINGLE DAY into the Pacific for the past several years.

That will pretty much double what is already there, and finish the killing of the Pacific Ocean.

Scream1
(07-15-2017, 12:10 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]Well, isn't that just lovely.  
From what I've read, they have already been dumping about 300 TONS of radioactive water EVERY SINGLE DAY into the Pacific for the past several years.

That will pretty much double what is already there, and finish the killing of the Pacific Ocean.

Scream1

Zactly. Not to mention the ground water pollution from the cores.
(07-15-2017, 04:07 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: [ -> ]

Scream1

Zactly.  Not to mention the ground water pollution from the cores.

If the pacific really does die than will the Atlantic die for sure as well?
(07-15-2017, 11:20 AM)Folks. Wrote: [ -> ]

Scream1

Seems like they are all connected, but wtf do I know?

Scream1

It will just take a little longer. The world really has one huge ocean.

[Image: ZiRT368.jpg]

Scream1

Scripture says that one-third of the waters will become bitter.
Perhaps the Atlantic will escape the same fate. 1dunno1
Fukushima robot finds lava-like 'melted fuel deposits'

Published on 23 Jul 2017

An underwater robot captured the first images of what are believed to be melted nuclear fuel deposits inside Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant, according to its operator Tepco.

That article makes me so angry. Dump it into the ocean and it will become diluted. Poison is poison, regardless if it is diluted, it is still harmful. I know 2 people in Oregon that had stage 4 cancer that seemed to develop overnight. I often question if it is related to Fukushima. If they start dumping even more into the ocean, the impact world wide will be huge. It won't happen immediately but it will destroy.
Pages: 1 2