The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: These newborn whale calves swam up to a boat of tourists to say booga booga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6XFVSrW.jpg]
Urged on by their mother, the small calves confidently went up to the tour group

A pair of newly born grey whale calves intrigued by visiting tourists eagerly swim over to the group to get a closer look in the extraordinary pictures.

Urged on by their mother, the small calves confidently went up to the tour group who were visiting San Ignacio Lagoon in Baja California, Mexico.

A grey whale splashes about in the water next to a boat filled with tourists in, Baja California, Mexico Credit: Mark Carwardine /Barcroft Images

The lagoon, which is a hot spot for migrating grey whales, is usually filled with calves as they’re nursed in the shallow water.

Mark said: “Grey whales migrate on average 8,000 kilometres between their summer feeding grounds in the Arctic’s Bering, Chukchi and western Beaufort seas and their winter breeding lagoons on the Pacific coast of Baja California, Mexico. _pics

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/...say-hello/
I hopefully presume that whale watch tour boat operators are experienced and know
how to avoid dangerous contact with whales.

Humpbacks were hanging out under the Golden Gate a couple weeks back and people
(read idiots with boats) were basically harassing them trying to get their close encount-
ers. One whale was likely even hit. :( A marine agency stepped in at that point to police
the random boats, and thankfully haven't heard of any further negative incidents.
animals are smart. more than we give them credit for.
Tell me about it as I battle mice hornets mosquitoes evasive weeds moles dragons.

Apparently we humans had animal smarts. Had. Now we need street smarts and a rolled up sheet of paper with a ribbon.
(07-11-2017, 03:21 AM)Free Store Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me about it as I battle mice hornets mosquitoes evasive weeds moles dragons.

Apparently we humans had animal smarts. Had. Now we need street smarts and a rolled up sheet of paper with a ribbon.

Lmao
(07-11-2017, 02:58 AM)titanic1 Wrote: [ -> ]animals are smart.  more than we give them credit for.

very smart. They know what's up, their surroundings and how to do things. People just think because they can't speak any of our language, they are stupid. But they DO communicate. They bark, meow, roar, squeal, make noises, etc. Which is why when I hear people yell at dogs "shutup! stop barking!!" or to cats "omg stop meowing cant they just shutup" it fills me with rage because that's their way of communicating. Do you know how many times people would be barking if we barked instead of talked o.o oh my god you don't even want to know.

Animals are fantastic