The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Illinois not looking too good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had my ear to the track on this Illinois budget fiasco and it is really hitting home now.
Already people on the street talking about a civil war. I don't even know these people. At the store and such.
State workers I know are being laid off . Group homes for the mentally disabled are bracing for impact.
The state is talking about a 30 to 35 % increase in taxation. God damn thieves!
People that served in state positions retired are looking at 2/3rds pay cuts on their retirement checks.

The list goes on...  Facepalm
Have you heard how it is impacting the state university system?
(07-02-2017, 11:52 AM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]Have you heard how it is impacting the state university system?

No not yet. BTW, nice bud.
(07-02-2017, 11:56 AM)Dark Moon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2017, 11:52 AM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]Have you heard how it is impacting the state university system?

I have a friend starting as a teacher in the Fall at UIUC. I just hope he gets paid.
Gotta go for now. My wife and I are picking green beans to can today. Last year we did 300 quarts.
(07-02-2017, 11:58 AM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2017, 11:56 AM)Dark Moon Wrote: [ -> ]

I have a friend starting as a teacher in the Fall at UIUC. I just hope he gets paid.
If it is state funded your friend might be working for free. I hope it works out. Nobody wants this.
(07-02-2017, 12:02 PM)Dark Moon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2017, 11:58 AM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2017, 11:56 AM)Dark Moon Wrote: [ -> ]No not yet. BTW, nice bud.

If it is state funded your friend might be working for free. I hope it works out. Nobody wants this.

This is not good.

T-Dub

(05-14-2018, 07:53 AM)SkyCat Wrote: [ -> ]

I read about that, only option is to pack up and move. Why should the taxpayer suffer so .gov employees can live the good life? A tax revolt would be better but won't happen.
(05-14-2018, 07:58 AM)T-Dub Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2018, 07:53 AM)SkyCat Wrote: [ -> ]

I read about that, only option is to pack up and move. Why should the taxpayer suffer so .gov employees can live the good life? A tax revolt would be better but won't happen.

"Seize property because it can't leave".  That is what the Fed of Chicago is thinking.  Yeah3
Pages: 1 2