The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Poor people deserve nice things too | Riley J. Dennis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't stand Riley but on this, I can't totally disagree. It's annoying when you work your tail off and can't afford anything you want to eat and then see a cart loaded down with junk food and the person whips out a food stamp card .To make laws restricting what a recipient buys in a grocery store is draconian though,imo.Yes, it's tax payer money but once that money goes into the general fund,it is no longer yours,it's the governments.
It's also a slippery slope. So, if we say food stamp recipients can't buy soda,candy,chips,steaks,ect... where does that stop?Can a girl whose mom is on welfare not buy say,a pretty prom dress that she saves up for because her mom is on welfare?
I hate it when people misuse money allotted to them by the government but there isn't a lot we can do unless what they are buying is illegal. 1dunno1
There is so much wrong with this video. Riley, like always, makes broad comparisons..
And I'm not saying that people on welfare shouldn't be able to buy whatever food they want. But if you have an 800 dollar iPhone and bitch then stfu
(06-23-2017, 06:49 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]I can't stand Riley but on this, I can't totally disagree. It's annoying when you work your tail off and can't afford anything you want to eat and then see a cart loaded down with junk food and the person whips out a food stamp card .To make laws restricting what a recipient buys in a grocery store is draconian though,imo.Yes, it's tax payer money but once that money goes into the general fund,it is no longer yours,it's the governments.
It's also a slippery slope. So, if we say food stamp recipients can't buy soda,candy,chips,steaks,ect... where does that stop?Can a girl whose mom is on welfare not buy say,a pretty prom dress that she saves up for because her mom is on welfare?
I hate it when people misuse money allotted to them by the government but there isn't a lot we can do unless what they are buying is illegal. 1dunno1

I have a neighbor on just food stamps and SSI. She is disabled with a seizure disorder and several other severe health problems. She is not allowed to drive and she certainly can't work. If buying soda brings some joy to her life I wonder what kind of right wing bastard would want to take that small bit of happiness away from her. I know what kind. The average Republican in congress.
There is no indication that I could find in the video that this is in direct response to Trump.

But I guess it may be in reaction to this recent Trump statement.

"Trump: 'I just don't want a poor person' running the economy

President Donald Trump says he doesn't want a "poor person" to run the U.S. economy.
Trump defends his choice of wealthy businessmen like Wilbur Ross and Gary Cohn for top administration posts."
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/trump-i-j...onomy.html

"Poor" choice of words by the rich man.

It is contempt lightly veiled.

---

My reaction to the video.

Personal wealth and stuff, is just that, stuff.
Runs in circles explaining some vague differences between people who have no stuff, some stuff, and lots of stuff as that relates to their socio-economic status.

People need enough stuff to survive, and flourish.
Car, internet, big TV, these are extraneous. People want them, but they don't need them to live. If they do believe that these are absolute necessities, then some life examination is needed. Video host believes people need these things as a basic life requirement. Bah ha ha.

People should have opportunity and means to get the basics in life through a job, or some appropriate means according to their ability and situation. There could and should be jobs in this nation for everyone, whatever their ability. That there isn't illustrates the poverty of our leaders, companies, government, and society as an institution to demand and force this state of affairs.

Luckily all these minutae details of people's material lives matters little in the grand equation. And will be rather meaningless soon in the debtmageddon.

If the video commentary is a reaction to Trump's poor coment, should have tackled that head on.

Tried not to watch it as man-woman babble.
Purposely listened instead of watched, so I could concentrate on content.
Its as if there's a giant rhino horn sticking out of their forehead and everyone pretends not to notice.
Dysfunction in identity is apparent in thought.
Not necessarilly, but often.
Obsession with exterior appearance, translates to obsession about stuff.
Narcissism.
Call me acultural, a traditionalist.
6000+ years of human culture - meh, meaningless. Lets all be man-girl-boy-fems, yeas! That will solve all problems and create a human rainbow paradise.
This little tangent we're currently on has no long-term use, practicality, does not sustain the species, is not vital to human function or work.
A huge distraction.
Chaos magick.
Nothing wrong with food stamps for those who need them imo. What bothers me is all the bullshit they get to buy using them and the overall corrupted in my state with people who have 10 kids getting 900 dollars a month on that card, spending half of it on junk food and selling the other half at 50 cents on the dollars to get pill money. Thats the beef I have with it when there are older folks getting 75 dollars a month eating beans and bread and cant afford their medicine. World is fucked up.
On the "Poor People running the economy" line.. My Take he wants successful people with expertise in business. vs someone who has not accomplished anything..
What are food stamps? The government just gives them out to poor people, like a food credit card they can only use at certain grocery stores? Such a weird concept..

mmmkay

(06-24-2017, 08:18 AM)JF Priest Wrote: [ -> ]On the "Poor People running the economy" line.. My Take he wants successful people with expertise in business. vs someone who has not accomplished anything..

I was listening to him when he said that. It really made me wince. He's so good at verbal gutterballs.

But I know he doesn't mean it the way people take it.

It's just blunt.

He can't help it if he's verbally flatulent.

If he could he wouldn't be the Donald Trump I appreciate and love...He would otherwise be a verbally constipatedand bore who gets nowhere.
Pages: 1 2