The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Nasa's Juno probe captures dramatic first close-up images of Jupiter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nasa's Juno probe captures dramatic first close-up images of Jupiter

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017...of-jupiter

[Image: 2646.jpg?w=620&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f...5674fd39a4]

Jupiter's rings from the INSIDE: Stunning view is captured by Nasa's Juno probe in a world first

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...nside.html

[Image: 40D2B78F00000578-0-image-a-45_1495802319052.jpg]

A cylindrical map of the infrared emission from Jupiter as detected by the Jovian Infrared Auroral Mapper (JIRAM), an instrument on the Juno spacecraft

[Image: jupiterjunotriple.gif]
Very cool Cheer
(05-26-2017, 03:39 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool Cheer

Those images are beautiful!  Cheer

Mongoose

Cool pics, I wonder if they are real?

I've seen jupiter through my telescope and it is quite amazing. It does however beg the question: If I can see Jupiter and it's moons pretty good through my $250 telescope, then why do we need to send probes to get good pictures like this?

We have very large ground based telescopes and the hubble that should be able to take good pics like this at a percent of a percent of a fraction of the cost.

With a nearby probe, we ought to be able to take a photo of a dust particle scratching it's ass or something.

Of course, I gave up on the idea that the government is ever going to make any sense on any issue ever.

Just my 2 cents.
very cool @Angry Red Man !!
What? No monolith? Seriously, though, that first picture is amazing.
Stuff likes this makes a normal person with a rational thought process feel so small...And to think we are all here fighting over Imaginary Gods and lines in the sand...
Awesome ARM, best detail yet.

The blue colors in that first pic are amazing.

Storms are fascinating too.

[Image: tumblr_mqf417GPVo1qbpwkro1_500.gif]

Crazy that the great storm is 2-3 times the size of earth.

[Image: PIA01384-1920x1200.jpg?interpolation=lan...0:1050;*,*]

Cheer
Jupiter’s Southern Lights - Out-of-this-World Aurora

(05-26-2017, 05:00 PM)Mongoose Wrote: [ -> ]Cool pics, I wonder if they are real?

I've seen jupiter through my telescope and it is quite amazing. It does however beg the question: If I can see Jupiter and it's moons pretty good through my $250 telescope, then why do we need to send probes to get good pictures like this?

We have very large ground based telescopes and the hubble that should be able to take good pics like this at a percent of a percent of a fraction of the cost.

With a nearby probe, we ought to be able to take a photo of a dust particle scratching it's ass or something.

Of course, I gave up on the idea that the government is ever going to make any sense on any issue ever.

Just my 2 cents.

Chuckle   but yeah...